Pack Support System

I took a lot of joy in dumping Peter Hale's body and chaining him down to the back of a transport van. Slamming the doors shoot to hopefully make him slightly deaf felt even better. Farewell, asshole.

I let a laugh slip and Braden quickly glanced to see if I was kidding or not. Nope. I loved doing that.

I watched Argent whisper with the Calaveras and it looked exactly like a gun deal. Boy, do I wish it was a gun deal. When he returned I had already guessed what had happened.

Wasn't a gun deal.

"You're joining them?" I pointed at the leader of the Calaveras. "Them? Her?"

He nodded and continued to hold his lower abdomen in pain. "It's temporary Skyler but yes. I am."

And to think I left France just for Argent to leave me. "Can I come with you?"

Argent shook his head and I grunted knowing that was gonna be his answer. "I brought you here to protect your friends. Not to continue with me. You're not an Argent Skyler but you are better. Remember that."

Argent and his inspirational sayings. Guess we know who Allison got her deep and meaningful sentences from.

My finger slightly skimmed over my ear where my recent tattoo was. "We protect those who cannot protect themselves."

"But if anyone tries to hunt you–"

"Stay one step and ahead and hunt them first. Got it," I nodded and took a long stare at Argent. I really was gonna miss his stupid sayings. "Not going forever right? At least be back for when I graduate from hell."

"I'll be back Skyler," he answered and then held his stomach in pain. I'm gonna murder, Peter. "Then when isn't clear. But you take care of things."

"I'm not you," I sighed already feeling the pressure. "I can't be there and give good advice. What if I don't turn up on time and someone dies? Oh my god, what if my emotions get in the way! This is why you can't leave. Please don't go. Argent or not I need my uncle Chris."

"No, you don't," he shook his head and pulled me into a light hug. Wow this was becoming consistent. "Skyler whatever happens I'm proud of you and I'm proud of us."

"You got my message," it warmed my entire heart. "Couldn't even call back. You know we have service here?"

He laughed and my heart got warmer. "Come on,
your friends are waiting for us." He nodded his head over Scott and the others.

When we did the Calaveras immediately joined us from behind and they all suddenly understood the situation. Well, at least part of it.

"There's enough yellow wolfsbane to keep Peter out for the trip back," I commented trying to ease into the conversation.

"But be careful," Argent added and then the Calaveras got closer. Scott noticed.

"You're really going with them?" Scott questioned Argent's decision. I questioned why I couldn't come.

The Calaveras is in the hands of a woman. A woman! This is like my ultimate dream and I can't pursue it because of what? Highschool? Friends? Pffft.

"I made a deal with the Calaveras weeks ago. They'll leave you alone. All of you. But only if I help them catch Kate," Argent summarised the situation.

"What if you can't?" Kira asked.

"I'll find her," Argent confidently stated. "Someone has to."

Just annoyed it isn't me.

He nodded at the group and then turned to me. Oh, how I hate goodbyes. Should be good at them by now but I don't tend to learn.

"Until we meet again Silver," I pushed my hand in between us ready for him to shake it.