III - Home Sweet Home

Narrator POV

Steven's van pulled into the outer limits of Beach City, slowly making its way into the town.

Steven stuck to the backroads, hoping to make his return a surprise. Steven noticed that his parking spot was still empty, and thanked the Gems mentally for keeping it clear as he parked his van in the familiar spot.

Steven stepped out of his van, looking around to make sure he wasn't spotted.
He sneaked up to the beach house, before jumping up to the dome of his old garden.

Steven opened one of the glass windows that allowed for air to flow in, and jumped down into the garden. He was in the house now, but he still had to get to the Gems without being detected.

Steven made his way to the living room of the beach house, finding no gems in sight. A strange thing, but not entirely off-putting. They were all probably still teaching at Little Homeschool.

Steven entered his room in the temple, using the pink infinitude as a tool to see if the Gems were in their rooms.

"Room, give me a window to Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl's rooms" Steven commanded.

Amethyst was in her room, as was Garnet. Pearl was not in her room, likely doing something or the other in town.

Steven smiled as he commanded the room to give him an opening to Amethyst's room.

Steven entered the hole his room made, and found himself on top of a trash pile in Amethyst's room.

He slid down the pile, jumping off near the bottom and rolling to his feet a few feet away.

Steven looked around Amethyst's room, eventually finding the short Quartz asleep on a bed.

Steven looked at her for a bit, finding a multitude of pictures of the two around her.

Steven gently woke Amethyst up, shaking her to consciousness.

Amethyst slowly opened her eyes, blinking as Steven's figure slowly made sense to her foggy brain.

As soon as she realized who he was she shot up, hugging him tightly.

"You're back, you're really back. I missed ya man" Amethyst exclaimed.

"Yeah, I missed you guys too. All of you" Steven responded while hugging Amethyst.

Amethyst looked at Steven for a minute as she pulled away. He had grown up, a lot.

He towered over her even more than Jasper did, and he was built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

His face definitely showed some slight aging, though he didn't look a day over twenty-two. He wore his hair in a fashion reminiscent of a mix of Rose and Greg's, though it had its own Steveny flair to it.

He wore a short, well trimmed beard as well as a few scars. Most notably were a few old scars around his left eye.

Amethyst felt an unnatural heat overtake her as she looked him up and down.

He was wearing a pair of light blue jeans that had the bottoms rolled up, under which he wore a pair of dark brown boots.

To cover his upper body, he wore a tight black t-shirt with a pink star on it.

He also wore a black satchel, containing who knows what. Amethyst also noticed he had on a belt with a simplistic buckle.

Attached the belt was a sheath for a knife, which was empty as of now.

Amethyst looked back up at Steven, after thoroughly ogling him.

Steven blushed a bit as he noticed her eyes roaming his body. He brushed away his rogue thoughts.

"She just hasn't seen me in a while" he thought.

Steven coughed to avoid any further awkward tension.

"I'm gonna go see Garnet now, do you know where Pearl is" Steven asked.

"Oh, Ps probably up in your room. She hasn't left it since Little Homeschool went on summer break last month" Amethyst explained.

"Thanks Amethyst" Steven said as he jogged to a puddle on the floor that he knew would lead him to Garnet's room.

Steven appeared in Garnet's room, finding her waiting for him.

"I sensed your return. I'm glad you're back Steven, it hasn't been the same without you cutie-pie" Garnet says.

Steven rubs the back of his neck, before responding.

"Huh, should've expected you'd know I was back. Guess I should go talk to Pearl now huh" Steven returned.

"Yes, yes you should" Garnet returned.

Steven smiled at Garnet before he walked out of her room, appearing in the living room of the beach house.

Steven walks up to his room stealthily, the dogtags he wore under his shirt ever so slightly jingling.

He pushed open the door to his room, peeking inside. He immediately spotted Pearl, who was meticulously cleaning every speck of dust and dirt from the room.

She stopped as soon as she heard the door creak.

Tears flowed from her eyes as she spoke.

"You're home" was all she said.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_