see ya later || neal the eel

Tags: reader uses it/its, usage of [y/n], tight spaces, first meetings, fluff
Summary: [y/n] had joined V.I.L.E's ranks recently and has been paired up with Neal the Eel. They accidentally set off the security system and have been trapped, so they spend some time together while they wait.

Word Count: 515

[y/n] = your name
[f/h] = favorite hobbie

[Third Person]

"So you're the new recruit" Someone tapped [y/n]'s shoulder from behind.

It squeaked. While [y/n] was trying to turn around and face the man, he slipped in front of it.

"It's Neal" gesturing towards himself. He held out his hand waiting for it to shake it.

"Erm- [y/n]" it took his hand and lightly shook it.

"Not much of a talker are ya, eh?" he chuckled. "At least you're not that damned mime."

There was a long pause of silence which seemed like forever. [y/n] fiddled with its fingers and tried not to make eye contact with him to make the situation seem less awkward, but it seemed to backfire.

"Uhh... I guess we should get going now before Carmen Sandiego gets there first" He said, slowly walking away, "but don't worry, we'll be in and out in a giffy."

'I sure hope so...' [y/n] thought to itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were not.

They somehow managed to get themselves trapped in a steel box due to the security system.

[y/n] tried to find a loose opening through the cracks but that has seen to no avail.

"Well I guess we have to wait 'til the Cleaners get here" Neal said with an exasperated sigh. He sat down on the cold floor. "Guess I'm stuck here with sweet-cheeks over here" his eyes gesturing towards [y/n].

[y/n] slightly heated at the nickname. It sat down across from where Neal sat.

"So... got any hobbies?"

"Huh? Me?" [y/n] gestured towards itself. It was a little caught off guard with the question.

"Yeah you... I just thought since we're stuck here we should at least learn a little about each other to pass the time, but nevermind..." he looked away.

"Ah, I like [f/h]..." [y/n] managed to get out.

"That seems fun, never really got to try it myself though" he hummed thinking of what else to ask it.

"Why are you so quiet anyways?" That's the first thing that came to his mind. "Not to be invasive or anything" he held up his hands.

"I just don't like talking to new people. There's not really much to it..." it scratched the back of its neck embarrassed, thinking he was hoping there was more to it.

"Ah, okay" He inched closer to [y/n]. "Maybe after this we can go [f/h]?"

"T-that sounds nice..." It shrugged, slightly flustered.

'Cute.' He thought to himself. 'I guess talking to it isn't all that bad'

"I know a good place where we could go [f/h]" It mumbled.

They continued talking about [f/h] and other things about each other as they continued to wait.

They felt the room slowly opening. 'Ah, finally'

They were taken back to V.I.L.E H.Q. by the cleaners. The brainwasher was still being fixed back in the Himalayas, so luckily all they got was a scolding and a slap on the back of the hand. They both knew that they were going to think about conversation for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: This is my first actually published fanfiction and some criticism would be great! Hope you guys liked it!

Edit: why did i put rbs...wrong site

votes, comments and respectful criticisms are appreciated!