Migraines

First chapter guys!! I don't have many TW for this one really... some yelling, arguing. Oh and one mention of suicide. Just some angst and stuff like that.

You knew that Spencer had been dealing with intense headaches recently, but you didn't know how bad. He never wanted to talk about it, but you could always tell when he was off. You had been best friends with the boy for 4 years. You could almost always tell when something was wrong, no matter how well he was able to hide it.

Since you joined the team, you and Spencer had gotten super close. It started as just casually running into each other in the break room whilst getting coffee and talking for about ten minutes to staying the night at each other's apartments almost nightly. You grew super close and told each other things you didn't share too much with the rest of the team.

He had told you about his mom and her paranoid schizophrenia and how much it was affecting him. You were always comforting whenever he was upset about it or a case dealing with the unfortunate disease, bringing prevalent memories back to him. Even if you weren't able to talk about it, a simple hug made him feel better.

You were there for him while he was dealing with his addiction to Dilaudid. You were actually the one to convince him to attend some narcotics anonymous meetings to help him with it. You were there when he would get cravings and whenever he would lash out due to withdrawals. He always felt bad about it afterward and appreciated your patience with the whole situation.

In turn, he was always there to be supportive and comforting whenever you needed it. If a case hit too close to home or if something reminded you of your brother's death, he was there. That was something that was always hard for you. When you were 14, your brother took his own life. Therefore, suicide had always been a touchy subject for you and Spencer knew that. He was always there to make sure you were alright and remind you that it wasn't your fault and you couldn't have done much differently. I mean, you were 14.

Over the time you had grown close to Spencer, you couldn't lie and say you didn't start to have feelings for him. Not only was he really cute physically, but the little things he did were what got to you. His little Reid-rants and the hand movements he made were just adorable. The awkward way he ran with his gun, how physically inept he was, the thin-lipped smile he gave when being introduced to someone. Even his voice intoxicated you. You could listen to him talk for hours on end. When you were over at each other's apartments, he freely ranted about the random things he knew and you would listen intently. It was pretty much the only time he could go on and not be stopped by anyone.

Y'all had just finished with a particularly tough case involving some bizarre ritualistic murders in Miami. There was a lot of culture in this particular area but this guy was just plain weird. And he was a teacher. Spencer had been dealing with a bad migraine all day. He had been wearing sunglasses while outside in hopes to dampen the intake of light and often squinting when he was inside. You could tell it was affecting him a lot, but every time you went to check on him, he would brush it off.

Because of his migraines, he hadn't been wanting to stay over. He just said he wasn't feeling good or wanted to be alone, but the past few nights without Spencer even coming over for a little bit had begun to get a little lonely. You decided you would stop by his place in hopes to talk to him. You got food from your guys' favorite takeout place before stopping in.

The drive wasn't long, but it felt almost too short. In what felt like minutes, you stood outside his apartment, nervous to knock. You were nervous about the whole interaction you would have. Would he send you away? Would he be upset? Would he just close the door in your face?

You reminded yourself that it was Spencer. Even when he was having a bad day, he couldn't be rude. At least not to you. Your profiling skills were good enough to detect the fact that he had grown a crush on you over time. Small... he probably didn't even think much about it honestly.