➪ | 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝗬𝗼𝘂

—

My brain went haywire as I tried to find an appropriate present for someone who could basically afford the whole store I was at. I rented a small room, yes, with my own money, which was already decorated by me before heading here. The only issue now is the present.

I'm not certain as to why I'm trying so hard, but probably because I felt really bad for pretty much forgetting such a special occasion for her. I decided with a hand crafted gift; much more meaningful than a store bought one.

The yarns that sat on a container made me remember something; a project I was working on for this specific day. I grabbed extra ball of yarns in case I ran out and went ahead to pay for them. I sighed in relief after remembering that knitting was one of my specialties.

My way back to the building where we servants lived was as discreet as possible, trying to avoid attention. I basically almost flipped Jeongyeon and I's room upside down (and I'm sure she'll kill me for it if I don't put things back to where they were before) trying to find the unfinished product.

As soon as I found it, I drove back to the rented room and sat myself on the huge penguin bean bag chair that I bought. Lucky for me, this thing was almost done so I finished knitting within an hour.

Crap, this is surprisingly taking a long time and it's already really dark outside. I hastily hid the handmade gift somewhere and went to the bakery where I asked for a custom made cake.

"I hope she'll like these," I mumbled to myself as I carried the cake carefully back into the room and placed it on the small table besides the bean bag chair.

Now, time to get the birthday girl. Driving back and forth was getting extremely exhausting but I hope her reaction towards my effort would be worth it.

"This is making me freaking nervous," I jumped up and down slightly as I shakily twisted the door knob.

"Oh..." I uttered as I saw a lonely figure with a blanket draped around herself along with countless of presents; wrapped and unwrapped, laid in her bed. She wore an unpleasant expression, not because she was ungrateful.

"Young miss...?" I called out but she either refused to acknowledge me or she didn't hear. She just remained sitting, I could see that her cheeks were stained with tears.

I could feel my chest tightening as I imagine how lonely it must've been for her. Even though this was "normal" for her since it has always been this way, it still never failed to make her wish that someday, she would have a meaningful celebration with her parents. I know that, it shows through her actions.