Chapter 27

------- Hear the Melody of Death -------

(Clover Canyon)

The battle for the sake of possessing the LULLABY Flute has now come to a flaming end with Natsu emerging victorious against Erigor the Shinigami.

The Dragon Slayer and Happy was now joined by the rest of the team using the Magic Mobile Car for transportation.

"Took you guys long enough." Natsu grinned looking at the rest of the team getting out of the car.

"I am proud of you!" Erza complimented at Natsu while being assisted by Lucy.

"Are you sure your okay Erza?" Lucy asked slightly worried at Erza's state.

"Yes I am fine!" Erza assured at Lucy.

"Unbelievable, Erigor never loses!" Kageyama gulp staring at Erigor's badly beaten body.

His vision was then caught by the Lullaby flute that was beside Erigor's who's eyes were glowing.

"We saw your battle with Erigor, For someone who claims to read books you're an idiot for fighting him with such Disadvantage." Gray rebuke looking at Natsu.

"It doesn't matter, I beat him after all. Besides he had it coming for underestimating me, insulting Fairytail and Gramps." Natsu told everyone.

Natsu then approached Lucy much to Happy's delight.

"Hey Lucy? Am I a better and amazing wizard?" Natsu asked sternly much to Lucy's confusion.

"You are a great and amazing! And I'm truly grateful you let me go on this mission with you!" Lucy replied happily unaware of Natsu's motive of asking such question.

"That's great! Cook me my favorite Spicy chicken when we get back." Natsu grinningly said to Lucy.

"Still thinking about food. Here I thought your more mature than that Natsu. Hey Lucy you should also let me taste your cooking" Gray said wanting to irked Natsu.

"Shut it Stripper!" Natsu remarked back not wanting for Gray to taste Lucy's cooking.

Happy snickered at Natsu's action while Erza giggled.

"Anyway great work Natsu! Thanks you all the Guild Masters are safe." Erza praised earning a nod to both Gray and Natsu.

"Since we are here I think we should stop by the Guild Masters conference to tell them what happened and ask them how to disposed of the Lullaby Flute." Erza continued relaying her plan to everyone.

"Aye! we might as well do that since we're close to Clover." Happy voiced out agreeing with Erza's plan.

Before any of them can do anything they where attacked by the shadows courteousy of Kageyama who now has the Lullaby flute and driving the Magic Mobile Car towards Clover Town.

"Kage! What do you think your doing!" Erza yelled towards the fleeing wizard .

"LULLABY's all mine now fairy flies! You really shouldn't let your guard down and be nice to your enemy." Kageyama cackled towards the dumbfounded wizards.

"Here I thought my little talk to him had worked." Gray muttered

"This is how he treat us after we saved him!" Lucy shouted furiously.

"We have to go after him. We can't let him endanger the Guild Masters." Erza ordered still recovering from her magic being drained.

Natsu only remained silent watching everything that had transpired.

"Something happened, Kageyama's intentions suddenly changed its like he was influenced somehow is this LULLABY's doing." Natsu thought to himself.

"We can't go after him at our current state we should atleast rest a bit so that we can fight back on good footing when we reach Clover Town." Natsu relayed which earned him skeptical look from Erza.