Chapter 2

"Reina."

The groan of a complaint leaves my mouth.

I could hear the soft murmuring of two voices in front of me. "Go away." I sleepily mumble through my blankets. They don't leave.

"Reina! We need you, we're going on that field trip today, and its freaking raining!" Miko rambles loudly. Ever since I became friends with Sora and Miko they made it their duties to be my personal alarm clocks.

"You told us you weren't gonna go, so we organized a group with Keiko but she dropped out last minute because she's 'sick'." Sora rolled her eyes as she air quoted the word 'sick'.

Miko sat on the side of my bed while Sora gazed around the room which was barely illuminated by various candles, studying the objects that stuck out to her.

She came to a stop at a table located at the end of the bed. Sora noticed that I liked to put my things on display as if my room were some kind of shop.

As she gazed around the table, something stuck out to her. It gleamed under the light of the lamp which managed to help the stone perfectly stick out from the rest of objects littered across the table.

Studying the piece of jade, she could make out that of an intricate carving engraved into the surface of the stone.

Her piercing blue eyes immediately widened in disbelief.

"R-Reina, where did you find this?" The jade clutched tightly in her pale hands, she turns to me— who was rolled up in her blankets.

"I found it on my window about... two weeks ago now... why?" I question as I struggle out of the cocoon I had managed to encase myself in the night before.

Sora averted her sceptical gaze to Miko whose eyes met Sora's with the same widened disbeliving stare.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

I shivered and zipped my jacket up to my chin. The wind was harsh and cold, it nipped at my bare skin, I couldn't belive the trip would still be happening in this weather.

"Okay! Everyone settle down! Now, due to a shortage of students from our class, I've had to divide you up into pairs." The teacher, Mr Choi announced; to his students distaste.

The sound of annoyed groans filled the surrounding area where the class was gathered.

Sadly, Sora and Miko were split up so there was no chance I would be paired with either of the two.

"Oh lord, at least we're on the same bus though." Miko whispers and sighs as Mr Choi is reading out the names of the pairs he had prepared.

Sora rolls her eyes and folds her arms neatly across her chest. "How the hell did they all get paired together but we didn't." She whispers, looking over to the group of seven with a nasty glare.

"Not all of them~" Miko cheekily sings and points to Taehyung who has been left out. Sora looks past Miko and I to peek at the seven, she playfully smacks Miko's hand away with a giggle.

"And lastly, Taehyung and Reina."

🌑🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒🌑

The vehicle comes to a stop outside of Seoul's Museum of History. Students pour out of each bus.

Sora and Miko say their goodbyes before splitting off with their partners. I gaze upwards at the tall building in front of me, it stood alone amongst the trees. My surroundings were beautiful, as if I were standing in the middle of the forest.