─── 01 ───

“Mother

“Mother...” (Y/n) grasps her mother’s hand in hers bringing it close to her forehead, closing her eyes as she pleads to the gods for her mother to regain her health. “(Y/n)...don’t hate your father. Our marriage wasn’t one out of love so it’s understandable. Live your days fill with joy, my daughter.” That was the last words from the duchess as the strength in her body slowly diminish. “Mother!” (Y/n) yells for her mother. The maids were rushing and yelling for the Duchess in hopes of a miracle. “The Duchess has unfortunately passed on...” The physician on standby announced with a desolate expression. (Y/n) stayed rooted in her chair unable to fathom that her mother has passed on. The maids were busy with her mother’s now cold body but to (Y/n) everything was a blur.

A week later, a funeral was held for the Duchess of House Kaiser. (Y/n) stood at the front all alone, dressed in black. She had on a solemn expression, her eyes were clouded with emptiness. Her father, the Duke didn’t even bother to show up to his late wife’s funeral. Her father never did like his late wife and because (Y/n) had resemble her mother so much, the Duke didn’t take much interest in her too. Whispers soon broke out when someone noticed the absence of the Duke’s presence. 

“Where’s the Duke?”

“I heard he wasn’t even at home when the Duchess breathe her last breath.”

“Seeing as how he isn’t even here shows.”

“Poor thing, her mother has passed on and her father isn’t even the slight interested in her.”

“Soon there might be a new Duchess with a new heir, don’t you think.”

(Y/n) could only swallow the boiling anger and clench her fists together to calm herself at their blatant disrespect. What could she do anyway? She was just but a mere child in the eyes of these noble adults. “My lady, the Duke has sent a messenger urging for you to return at once for he has an important announcement.” A maid came forward to inform you. “I see...Let’s head back then.” (Y/n) said as she gave one last glance to her mother’s casket and headed for her carriage. (Y/n) couldn’t help but be curious on what's her father’s announcement. The carriage soon reach the gates of House Kaiser when (Y/n) was occupied with her thoughts. It was only when the door of her carriage open did she notice she had arrived home. “My lady, the lord has requested me to escort you to the drawing room.” The butler extended a hand out for (Y/n) to slowly descend the carriage. 

(Y/n) nods her head in understanding and made her way towards the drawing room with the house’s butler escorting her. “My lord, lady (Y/n) has arrived.” The butler announced their presences before hearing a ‘Let her in.’ from inside the drawing room. The butler open the doors open and step aside allowing (Y/n) to enter the room. “Father, I heard from the messenger you had an announcement.” (Y/n) spoke immediately upon entering, her eyes wander around the room. She noticed a woman and a girl around her age sitting on the couch opposite to her father. “I wasn’t inform that currently there are guests. My apologies dear guests, my name is (Y/n) Kaiser.” (Y/n) curtsy gracefully, showing the fruits of her etiquette lessons. “(Y/n), they aren’t guests. I’ve decided to take in my lover and her daughter to stay in this house.” The Duke had dropped the bomb on (Y/n). 

“Pardon?” (Y/n) was flabbergasted. Her head droops slightly shadowing her eyes as she dug her nails into her palms. “Mother had passed away a week ago and today was her funeral! You called me back just to introduced me to your mistress and her daughter?! You didn’t even had the common decency to pay respects to mother just so you could bring your mistress and her daughter here?! You even had an affair behind mother’s back with this wretched woman?!” (Y/n) had lost the ability to hold reign over her anger and scream at her father. “(Y/n)!” Her father had shouted and slap her across the face. (Y/n) didn’t move. “Watch your mouth! Is this how a noble lady of house Kaiser is suppose to act?!” The Duke yells. “Darling, please cease your anger. I understand (Y/n)’s feelings, she just lost her mother and is now made to call another woman her mother. It must be heartbreaking for her.” The woman, the Duke’s mistress wraps her arms around (Y/n)’s father’s arms while she sheds a few tears. 

The Duke stay silent for a moment, thinking of the woman’s words. “Maybe your right Gisela but I cannot tolerate the fact you were disrespected by my daughter. (Y/n), you are to reflect on your actions for a week and are banned from leaving the house.” The Duke commanded as he left the room with his mistress. “Rein dear, come along.” Gisela, the mistress calls for her daughter who had sat in silence on the couch throughout the scene. “Yes, mother.” The daughter soon follow suit behind the couple and (Y/n) was left alone in the room. Gisela looks back at (Y/n)’s lone figure, she let out the tiniest smirk at the sight before the door is close before her. 

Inside the room, (Y/n) cradles her stinging cheek whilst droplet of tears stain the luxurious carpet floor. The poor lady of house Kaiser who had lost her mother is now left with a father who doesn’t care for her along with his mistress and her daughter. 

Poor lady Kaiser, this was only the beginning.

|𝐒𝐇𝐄, 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍

|𝐒𝐇𝐄, 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍.|
© cherryflushz