𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

"And here I thought you were a people person."

•*•

•*•

Ever since leaving the betting shop, Lettie had returned home.

   After hours of being in her head and playing their conversation over and over again, she couldn't help but feel she may have been a little too hot headed in the moment. She had every right to be furious at the Shelby man's actions. It was their plan after all but the Shelby leader took it upon himself to go through with it without notifying her.

The Morelli woman had considered that the anger that possessed her also had part to do with what happened two years ago. After all, there was still some unsolved residual feelings on that matter. And the fact that Thomas hadn't brought it up once left her hurt and confused. She could have possibly gone about it in a calmly manner earlier. Without the hits, without the sarcastic banter, and the intense yelling, but in her mind, she had had enough.

Grabbing her coat, she threw it over her shoulders before making her way out of her front door. After much contemplation, Leticia had decided she owed Thomas an apology for her outburst or at least give a further explanation.

That late evening, she walked the pavements of Small Heath towards the Shelby residence needing some fresh air. Not even two minutes earlier, Thomas made way into the night towards his vehicle to do the exact same. After much thought as well from his part, he had the urge to hash out any tenseness between the pair. He couldn't handle her being upset with him. So, on his way to his sleek automobile, a note from a certain London 'baker' laid folded in his pocket. For that was the second reason he needed to speak with her, their plan had worked.

Leticia kept her path on the same street. She might have been stuck in her thoughts, but she didn't miss the silhouette of a figure standing leaned against a brick wall.

Slowing her strides, she went down another road casually without breaking her pace to not rise suspicion. Turning her head to look behind her, she saw the same figure turning the corner heading her way. Bringing her head back forwards, she was met with another person walking in the same direction in front of her. Picking up her pace into almost a slow jog, she took a second right. Stopping her feet in place, she backed away quickly after another figure blocked her way.

Turning around, she was cornered by another,

"Leticia Morelli."

Shaking her head, she said calmly, "Sorry, wrong person."

Getting to the driver side of his vehicle, he stepped back once a figure jumped out unexpectedly, a gun held within his hand. Backing away from the stranger with his hands up, Thomas was greeted by more men coming from every corner. His only way of defense came forward, fight or flight once he saw there was no way out of this. Throwing a hard swing, one man went down causing the rest of them to pounce on the Shelby leader in numbers. He was outnumbered in this one, no brothers to team with him this time.