Chapter 19

Piper

I laid in my bed, I was binge watching my newest show, "My 600 Pound Life". I wasn't sure which was more pathetic, the people on the show or me for actually watching it.

"Piper?" said a voice. I turned and saw Chiron, tears brimming in his eyes. "What? What happened?" I said, my mind immediately to the worst possible outcome.

Chiron bowed his head. "Chiron, what is going on?" I said. My breathing beginning to pick up. "Piper, calm down" he said, wheeling over to me. Black spots began to blur my vision. "W-where is he? Jason. I need Jason" I gasped as I started hyperventilating.

"Jason is fine, he is alright" Chiron said softly. "Gods, is it Chris?" I exclaimed, instinctively touching my stomach. "He's fine, they are both fine. Piper, it's Reyna" he said quietly.

I gasped. "No" I said holding my hand up to my mouth. "It can't be, are you certain that it's her?" I asked. Chiron nodded solemnly. "Hylla, her sister brought back her body, a funeral will be held when the quest is over".

Suddenly, I felt very light-headed. I felt my body go numb then it all went black.

"Piper?" said a voice. I opened my eyes and saw Annabeth sitting on my bedside. We were in a hospital and I was hooked up to a bunch of machines.

"W-why am I here? Why are you here?" I asked, confused. The second I started to sit up, I got dizzy. "Don't try to sit up, relax" said Annabeth as she laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Nico brought me back here when we got the news. Piper, you had another episode and it caused you to go into pre-term labor. They were able to get the baby out before any complications arose but he is a premie so he is still in the NICU" she said as calmly as possible.

I shook my head and looked down at my stomach. It was true, I was no longer pregnant.

"I want to see him. I need to see Chris" I said trying to get up again but instantly feeling lightheaded.

"Piper, I'm sorry, you can't move. You have to stay here at least a week" Annabeth said. I shook my head.

"Then bring him to me" I urged. Annabeth shook her head. "Chris is on the ventilator, which means he can't breathe on his own, he can't move either" she said. "He can't breathe?" I gasped. Annabeth nodded solemnly.

"No, I have to be with him. He can't be alone, he must be scared and afraid. I can't leave him!" I exclaimed trying to get up again.

"Piper!" cried Annabeth as she grabbed my shoulders, forcing me back into bed. "He is not alone! Nico is with him, Chiron and even your mother. He will not be alone, not ever" she yelled.

I felt tears in my eyes. "What if I never get to see him?" I choked out. Ananbeth shook her head. "Don't say that, he is your son, he is alive and he is getting better" she said taking my hand.

"I just want to see my son"

***No need to tell me twice, I am the worst author ever. Not only did I take for-freaking-ever to update but I totally glossed over the labor bc I was lazy. Despite this, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. QUESTION: I am aware I killed off Reyna but recently I was sketching and I drew Luke and Reyna together and the more I let the idea fester in my mind, the more I liked it. So, my question is, would you read a fanfic about Reyna and Luke? If so, what would you like it to be about? Idk, I'm totally brainstorming, and this has never really been done before so I guess it's time to make it happen! Anywho, as always, I love you little demigods and I'll check up with you next chapter! -Izzy