Part 24

The two of us woke up at around seven in the morning, still wrapped up in each other's arms without any intention of letting go. I knew he'd woken up because I felt his hand running through my hair, gently patting my head thinking I was asleep. "Good morning Camilo" I groggily told him. "Did you sleep well?" he asked, pulling me closer into his chest than before. "I did but you're squishing me" I complained, pushing away lightly but getting pulled even further in. "Too bad, you're mine so deal with it" he said, but let go of me slightly so that I could breathe easier.

The two of us laid there for a while, but then after a while we began to hear the sounds of footsteps from outside the door so we decided to start to wake up a bit. My hair was messed up from sleeping, my clothes dishevelled slightly and my throat hoarse from slight dehydration. I looked over to Camilo, and was amazed by how amazing he looked after only just waking up.

His hair had fluffed up, strands flying out and covering his face more than usual. His eyes were half-lidded, still too tired to open them fully. He was holding onto the blanket, hugging it as if it were a person, then grabbing me and pulling me back into his chest. He wasn't the strongest of people, but he was easily able to hold me in place, though me not struggling did help him quite a bit.

"I liked sleeping with you" he mumbled, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. "So did I" I said back, shifting my hand so it was intertwined with his. "We should do it more often, but if we tell our parents that they'll think we're talking about something else" he mentioned, using the hand that wasn't holding mine to run through my hair. "We should probably head down for breakfast soon, I'm pretty hungry" he said, stretching his arms above his head. "If you're hungry we'd better go down now then, I think they're calling us anyway".

The two of us headed downstairs, hand in hand and slightly delusional from the drowsiness. We walked outside, blinded by the bright light of the sun. Casita had already added three seats to the normal table, one for me, one for Mariano, and one for Bruno. We all went to get food for each of us to eat, Camilo piling up his plate with the food his tía made for him. I didn't have the appetite he did, but if I did, I would pile up my plate beyond what he already had, her food was that good to eat.

Everyone sat down at the table with the people they were closest to, or the people they needed to reconcile with the most. Because of this arrangement, me and Camilo were able to sit down together, able to continue with any conversation that came to mind. He was about to start talking about something, but was cut off quickly by his mother. "Camilo, Y/n, I know that the two of you love each other, but I thought it was decided that you would spend the night in one of the girls' rooms. But I'm pretty sure that I saw you walking out of Camilo's room for breakfast, didn't I?" She asked, making everyone turn to face us.

Félix's eyebrow rose as he heard his wife speak, and a sly grin spread across his face, and Pepa's face had a grin plastered on it as well. Alma, Julietta, Agustín and Bruno just looked at us in a confused manner. Everyone else only began laughing, some louder than others as they all knew that I went there really early in the morning. "Oh, no Señora Pepa, I did sleep in Isabela's room, but the two of us got up really early and I went there then, and at the same time Mariano went to Dolores' room" I conceded, all of the grandchildren of the family except Antonio nodding along in agreement.

"Oh, so that's the reason that I heard noises coming from Dolores' room, it was her and Mariano" Bruno mumbled, making everyone look at the young couple, Félix and Camilo spitting out their drinks and staring at them in disbelief. The two of them looked angry, standing up from their seats and moving towards Mariano slowly. Everyone at the table broke into laughter at the scene of Mariano being chased by Camilo and his father. It was chaotic and messy, but it was good, and happy and free. The family finally became who they were meant to be.

After everyone finished breakfast, both me and Mariano had to leave and head back home. The two of us walked together, talking about the love we had for the two eldest of Pepa and Félix's children, but we parted ways when he got to his home, as it was much closer to the Madrigal's house than mine.

I was walking alone through the crowded town, my head in the clouds as I thought of the previous day's events. I was pulled out of my daze however, by a sharp tug on my arm toward an alleyway, away from the earshot of the rest of the town. I looked up quickly to see Maria, the girl from before that was interested in Camilo. "Oh, what do you want?" I scrutinised, looking at her face, full of malice and hatred.

"Stay. Away. From. Camilo. You have too much bad luck in you to be trusted with his family" she whispered, probably hoping her quiet voice and the sounds of the town to stop Dolores from hearing. "What do you mean, I don't have bad luck! Why would you think that!" I protested, and was answered with a soft "Ask your parents", before being left alone in the alleyway once more, even more confused than before as to what was going on in my life.