CHAPTER 3: It's a F*cking Tournament Arc! (Part 2)

remember, no manga spoilers~

---

"Reaaaadyyyyy?! Start!!" As soon as they received the green light from the human intercom, you could see that Shinsou had spouted something in an attempt to egg Midoriya into talking - even from the stands. Well, a boy had to do what a boy had to do, you supposed.

Then, the green-haired boy suddenly just... stopped. Stopped walking, stopped moving - stopped everything. You tilted your head at that. After all, it was admittedly rather odd for a person to up and halt everything for no apparent reason.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong? This battle's just beginning. Show us some spirit!! Mere seconds into the match, Midoriya's... frozen in place?! He's not even twitching! Could this be Shinsou's Quirk?!"

"Deku...?!" Uraraka and Iida fretted beside you. You had to admit, you were fairly concerned, as well.

"Oh, boy." You muttered to yourself in a worried manner. Ojiro sighed from his seat behind you.

"Aw, man! I told him not to say anything!" He griped, combing his fingers through his hair in a stressed fashion.

"We were barely aware this guy even existed, but now... he sure is one to keep an eye on! Now - whoa! Midoriya's following orders like a good little boy!!" Okay, Present Mic seemed to be getting a little too into commentating. Did he forget he was supposed to just be describing what was happening and hyping up the crowd?

*Fwoosh!!* A gust of wind suddenly caused a dust cloud to form around Midoriya before settling and clearing up.

"What's this...? Midoriya! He stopped?!"

"Ah! His finger!" You squeaked out in surprise. Even from here, that looks bad!

"What do you see, (Name)?" Ojiro asked, genuinely curious. After all, he wasn't able to see anything at all, while you appeared to have been gifted with the ability to truly gauge what was happening.

"It looks like he majorly messed up his finger! Dang, that's metal!" You exclaimed in disbelief. You were no stranger to being hurt because of your Quirk, but what he did... It didn't seem as though it happened on purpose. Huh. Wack.

"Wow... To go that far..." Ojiro mumbled under his breath, beads of sweat forming on the sides of his face in worry. I know I asked him to win for me, but I don't want him to hurt himself on my account!

Midoriya then ran to Shinsou and began shoving him towards the edge of the ring. The latter socked your classmate a few times in the grill, but nothing seemed to deter the green-haired lad from getting that dub. He let out a cry before flipping Shinsou over his shoulder, the boy being slammed down flat on his back.

"Shinsou is out of the ring!! Midoriya advances to the second round!!"

"Goodness gracious! We're off to an uneventful start! Well, put your hands together for our fierce competitors!!" Despite what Present Mic insinuated, you thought it was a great match! I bet that 'Toshi wants a bit of time to himself right now, so I'll congratulate him after the festival is over. For now... it's sitting time!

---

"The wait is over!! Moving on..."

"I saved you a seat." Iida gestured to the empty chair beside him. Midoriya expressed his gratitude before taking it.

"Good job!" Uraraka gave him a thumbs-up, and the boy's face felt warmer. Then, you poked your head out from the far side of Uraraka; far being relative to Midoriya, of course.