Exeunt All

Aslan walks ahead of us. Peter to my left, Susan to my right. Aslan guides us down the carpet towards our thrones.

Centaurs line the path. They place their swords above us, taking them away as we pass. I smile at Oreius, nodding to him gratefully.

Aslan stops. The five thrones sit high and tall, sat in front of a giant stained glass window.

We walk ahead. Approaching our thrones as they're laid out before us. To the far left, Edmund. To my left, Peter. To my right Susan, and to my far right, Lucy. My throne sits in the middle, dividing and uniting the thrones all at once.

"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant." Aslan speaks.

The Beavers come bearing our crowns. I can't help but to feel a child-like excitement wash over me at the sight of them. Behind them, Mr. Tumnus follows.

He picks up a silver crown, holding it delicately as he raises it up to Lucy. She bows down and lets him place it atop her head. He smiles at her, nodding before turning away.

"To the great Western Wood, King Edmund, the Just." Aslan says. Tumnus lays a silver crown atop his head as well. Edmund beams over at the rest of us, which fills me with pure joy.

"To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle." Aslan grants her. She gets a golden crown, once again placed atop her head by the Faun.

"To the clear Northern Sky, I give you High King Peter, the Magnificent." Aslan says. Mr. Tumnus grants Peter a regal, larger-than-life crown of glimmering gold.

"And right here, in the heart of Narnia. In the lands where the borders meet. I give you High Queen Rosemary, The Fearless." Aslan says.

My crown, matching Peter's in nearly every way, glimmers in it's golden glory. It's smaller as to fit my head, and the detailing is different. But any one with eyes could tell that the two of ours were made to match one another.

Here we are. Kings and Queens.

Isn't it wonderful?

We step back, taking to our thrones. I hold my head high, my shoulders back. With such a pristine execution that only comes with years of practice. Once again sitting on a throne in the Cair Paravel.

As I was always meant to.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen." Aslan tells us. I glance over at Peter as he looks over at me, the both of us smiling ear to ear. "May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens."

"Long live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Rosemary! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!" The crowd cheers out.

A laugh escapes from me.

All the fighting. All the sorrow. All we've lost...it pales in comparison to what we've gained. I may have lost what I thought was everything I had. But I've gained the world. A family, I love and trust. A kingdom who thinks the world of me.

I can't help but to laugh.

-

-15 years later-

"Love- we're going out." Peter kisses me, walking past as he does so.

"We?" I ask him.

"Me. Susan, Lucy and Ed." He nods. "Edmund's scouted out a hunt for us. I figured I'd invite you, but..."

"But someone has to stay here with the screaming toddler." I nod. I take a sigh. "You know, there was once a day where they would have called me fearless. Now I'm nothing more than a hand maid. Changing diapers, catering to the every whim of the prince!" I shake my head.