viii; doing everyone in this town a favour

"Have you come to rescue me?" Kai smiled, a bloody gap where one of his teeth used to be.

I guess you could say that.

I walked up to Kai, excitment and danger running through me. When I was close enough, I grabbed onto his shirt to pull him forward. "Oh shut up and kiss me," I said, pulling my lips to his before he could run his mouth again. His lips were smothered with blood, the taste almost sickening. But I didn't mind at this point. I pushed my tongue through his lips, tasting more blood on the roof of his mouth.

Instantly, that amazing, brand new feeling that I got in the pit of my stomach wormed it's way back, slowly spreading throughout my abdomen, then all at once attacking me at my heart.

I pulled away first, getting straight to business. I whipped around and just as I expected, Stefan was next to a still Damon, urging him to get up. "He won't be up for a while," I smirked, using the same tone Kai used on everyone else.

Stefan looked up, the mark on his cheek still open, a line of dried blood underneath it, embedded into his skin all the way to his neck. He slowly stood up, eyes sparkling as if everything was coming together.

Everything you're thinking is true. All of it.

"I knew it," Stefan whispered.

I jeered. "No, you didn't. You were just as lost as everyone else. Kai himself didn't even know half the time!"

"It's true," Kai's frail voice interjected. "She's a talented little starlet, isn't she?"

"But, how?" Stefan was at a loss for words.

Rolling my eyes, I snickered, "do I have to spell it out for you? Kai and I are engaged. We have been since we were eight. The Gemini Coven gave up the whole twin merge thing and decided to join with another coven ten years ago. The leader's son, Kai, was the perfect canidate because Kai can only take magic from other's, and eight is when witches come of age, where their powers are at their best. The binding of covens would be the strongest it could be. The Aries Coven, my coven, happened to be in town, and my father gladly took the offer.

"As a child of mere eight, I wasn't exactly thrilled to be married before I hit puberty. And when Kai and I met on the day of the engagement, he felt the same way."

"But none of this still explains what I want to know," Stefan said.

"She's getting there!" Kai butted in.

I smiled at him and picked up on my story. "So, the Covens made the mistake of telling us the wedding date and it all went downhill from there. Kai and I planned an escape to Florida the night before, so that we could live our own lives. Being eight in a witch coven was like being the leader of a country: hard. We were wise beyond our years. The night before, I was standing at the bus stop, waiting for Kai. When he didn't show up, I was about to go look for him when I heard his screams. He was channeling me, telling me what was happening in my mind. He was caught leaving, and held captive by my father. I answered back, asking what I should do, and he told me to run as fast as I could and to not look back.

"He would have his revenge in ten years, when he was old enough to leave. And boy, did he get it. He called the day before I left for Virginia, going over the plan with me. Everyone he has killed, were either helping or in league with the Aries and Gemini Covens, so honestly, he was doing everyone in this fucked up town a favour."

"Thanks, babe."

I smiled. "Everything was set: I was to come into town, befriend Roy so no one would suspect anything, and get to this place by any means necessary. When I was in, Kai would leave a sign as to start the second half of the plan: getting one of you two to admit to being vampires; enter Kai's impersonation. Being the next victim would never make me look guilty, and knowing your history with Elena Gilbert, you fall easily for girls in trouble. Specifically ones that remind you of her. I did my research and easily snatched you up. Time to start toughing up, Stef.

"Next, Kai would come in, all bloody and captured by Damon, and I would beat the shit out of him. The rest, well, we will just have to find out, won't we?"

"But I still don't understand."

I walked over to Kai, unfastening the chains from his wrists, and he fell to the ground. "The mind reading? Easy, I just had to pretend. Did you honestly not know that I would be watching my thoughts too? I know that you read minds, just as well as any other blood-sucking demon in this town. Also, Kai having powers? I forced that little witch bitch of yours to do everything for him, or else your brother would die. Goodnight, Stefan." I pulled Kai to his feet, and with the wave of my hand, snapped Stefan's neck.

—— ——

It took at least an hour to clean Kai up, put his teeth back in place, and relocate everything. When it was all done, we left the hospital and sped away in Damon's 1969 Chevy Camaro. We ran into Sean on the way out of the town, his teeth showing fangs and his eyes turned purple. We laughed at his adorable attempt to kill us, and ran him over, the car jotling over and over as we repeatively flattened him on the road.

Ameteur.

I threw my hands up in the air, letting the cold wind bite and whip at them as we drove farther and farther from the town of Mystic Falls.

FIN.