Prologue - Rick POV

Rick was up late (like usual) drinking in his Garage. He had his head on his desk as he held the flask in his hand, brushing his thumb over the initials over it... 'E+R' it said.
He sighed. Sure it had been over 20 years without her, but he still missed her, especially recently. He was devastated that Summer and Morty never got to meet their grandmother.
He looked to a photo he had of himself, Beth and Eclipse, gently picking up the photo and pulling it close to his chest as he hugged the photo frame.
He felt a tear roll down his cheek and he wiped it away quickly as he took another swig from the flask.
He sighed once more as he held the frame close then shot up as he heard a thump from inside. He stood up, quietly but quickly making his way to the garage door, opening it slowly as he saw her.
His eyes widened.
'No way was it her... it can't be...' he thought to himself.
"R-Rick..?" He heard her say, beginning to get teary again as he walked up to her, engulfing her in a tight but gentle hug.
"E-Eclipse..." he mumbles, holding her close, afraid to let go, thinking she'd disappear again, "I thought I lost you..." he mumbled.
He held the woman, his wife, in his arms, watching as she slowly 'unfroze', her tail wagging gently as her ears flopped to the sides and she finally returned the hug.

——————
AN: once again, sorry it's short- -Koran