Shit

Matheo still

"I'm so damn full," Jackson sighs as he takes another bite of his wings.

"Stop eating then!" Freddie giggles, rolling her eyes. Jackson sighs and takes another bite.

"But it tastes so good!" He whines like a child, food still in his mouth. Seems as though Freddie is actually babysitting now. She raises her eyebrow at him, and he spits the wing back into his basket, making her and I laugh.

"That's disgusting," she laughs. At this he flips her off, a gesture which she returns with a sarcastic smile.

"You're gonna make yourself sick, bro," I chime in.

"Okay, okay, fine, I'm done," he surrenders, "I'm going home."

"You need a ride?" I offer.

"Nah, my house isn't far!" He says as he stands up from the table. Leaving now just Freddie, Tyler, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Slowpoke, two other teammates, and myself. He walks up to the bar, pays his tab and leaves.

Freddie yawns and takes a swig of her Sam Adams. "You ready to go home?" I ask, feeling tired myself. It'd been an hour or so since we got to Big Billy's and the fatigue of the long day had set in.

"Yeah," she responded quietly.

"Alright, I'll pay our tabs," I say as I rise from the table, and approach the bar counter. She quickly rises with me,

"No thanks, I've got mine" She insists.

"Okay, I suppose," I huff.

We both pay our tabs, and leave the restaurant side-by-side. I grab her hand as we walk and intertwine our fingers together. She gasps, making me jump,  "Premarital handholding?!" My body heaves with laughter at this.

"So modest, huh Fred?" I reply, turning my face to her and smiling. We approach the truck and I open the door for her, "Your chariot m'lady."

"Thank you, kind sir," she beams as she climbs in. I shut the door behind her and I make my way over to the drivers side. I tug on the door handle, but the door doesn't move. I look up and into the window to see Freddie sticking her tongue out at me. "What's the password?" she shouted through the glass.

Rolling my eyes and scratching my chin, I pretend to be in deep thought. "Pretty please?" I guess with a pleading smile. She grins, winks and unlocks the door.

"The password was actually cheese crackers, but I'll let it slide cause you asked so nicely." She says as I climb in and start the truck. I laugh at her words, buckling my seatbelt and pulling out of the parking lot.

"Where to?" I ask curiously, halting at a stop sign and quickly pressing on the gas again. "My house is fine," she says with a shrug. "No problem!" I  acknowledge. I follow the familiar road to the four way stop that intersected Tyler's, Freddie's and my roads together, taking a right toward Freddie's house and pulling into her driveway.

No truck, no where. No sign of life in the house. Safe for now.

I shift into park and hop out of the truck, slightly humming the song that had just been playing on the radio. Freddie quickly following behind me, the evening temperature had dropped significantly since the game ended, she was rubbed her arms together in an attempt to warm them up during the short walk up the driveway. She unlocked the door quickly and scrambled inside.

"You would think that you're cold or something," I laugh as I step inside.

"Oh really? I hadn't noticed," she rolls her eyes playfully. We pull off our shoes and fall onto the couch, not even bothering with turning on the TV. Just laying down and beginning to dose off.

When the front door slams open.