4 | "I can't believe it..."

It was the next day and I couldn't stop thinking about the encounter I had with Charlie last night. I was in a weird mood the whole day. I wasn't acting like myself. That was until someone had knocked on the front door of the home. So I walked over to the front door and opened it. That was when I realized who was standing there.

My jaw dropped realizing who it was, the only thing that could escape my mouth was, "omg..."

"Why hello there. Are you Christabel Collins?" He asked with a soft smile. I couldn't say anything so I just nodded my head. That was when the head of the home came to the front door to see who it was. "Now who is this Christabel?" She asked.

"gordon bombay." I with a straight expression still trying to believe that it was really him. "Nice to meet you Gordon Bombay, would you like to come in?" Asked the head. "I would love to! Thank you so much." Gordon said while walking through the front door. I had just closed to door and sat on the couch in the living room and didn't ask any questions.

"Well what can we do for you sir." Said the head. "Please, please call me Gordon." He replied. "Alrighty, we'll what can we do for you, uh Gordon?" Asked the head again. "Well I've noticed Christabel here at the lake playing hockey." He stated. "Yes, I'm sorry if she did something wrong" the head apologized. I furrowed my eyebrows in disbelief to her when she accused me of doing something to him.

"Oh, no no she didn't do anything wrong" he chuckled, "it's just I've seen her play a good game of hockey. I know she lives here in this home but I would love for her to come play hockey for me and my team." He stated. I couldn't believe what he was saying. "Really?!" I asked all hyped up. "Yes! You're an amazing hockey player!" He said.

"Oh please!" I looked over to the head putting my hands together up to my face. I was looking a little desperate i wasn't gonna lie. "Oh I don't know" said the head, "I mean where are you gonna stay? Everything you own is here and the stadium is like what three hours away?" She said with some concern, "and knowing your past and your files I just don't know." She said

"Well if I may, she can stay at my place. I can make sure she stays clean and make sure she doesn't get into any kind of trouble." He suggested. "Please.." I said looking and sounding desperate. She hesitated for a while until she finally said "ok, fine. You can go but only under once condition." She added "Yeah I'll do anything!" I said

"You have to take your medication daily, no stealing, I'm gonna have to come check on you every now and then, and most importantly, NO DRINKING! We don't want you to go back to your old ways." She said. "That sounds like more than one condition to me." I said "well do you want to go or not?" She questioned. "Yeah, yeah of course." I said quickly nodding. "Ok it's final, you're gonna stay with Gordon." She said. "Yay!! Thanks so so much!" I jumped up and down. "Well go on upstairs and pack your bags." She said. "Yeah, you got it." I said while running up the stairs to my bedroom.
___________________________________
I was upstairs in my bedroom going over to the closet to grab a suitcase when one of my roommates walked in the door.

"Hey, what's goin on?" Asked Sam. "Hey! I'm packing my bags." I replied. "Why? Where are you going?" He asked. I sat on the bed and patted for him to sit next to me, "Well...you know how I've always dreamed of playing on a real hockey team?" I asked him. "Yeah? It was literally all you had talked about when you first stepped into this place?" He chuckled. "Ok,ok you're right. Well...I just got 'scouted' by the one and only, Gordon Bombay!" I said excitedly. "Omg! That's awesome!!" He applauded. "Thanks! I'm packing because he offered me to stay at his place while I play for team USA."

His smile slowly faded, "Wait so you're leaving?" He asked. "Well, yeah the rink is like three hours away." I told him, "I'm not gonna drive like three hours everyday there and back." I replied, "it's just easier if I just stay with him while I'm there." I said. "Well I'm really gonna miss you..." he said while lowering his head. "Yeah I'm gonna miss you too but we'll still hang out as much as we can." I stated.

"Yeah but you might get really busy with all the hockey stuff. Im happy for you but I don't want to lose my little sister." He said. It was really agonizing to see him like this. When I got into the home for the first time, he was the first person to make nice with me. When I first got here the others weren't as nice as he was but he welcomed me with open arms. And like he said he was gonna lose his 'sister' we're so close that he's like my older brother and I was his younger sister so I'm really gonna miss him.

"Ok just promise to call me every other night." He said holding out his pinky. "I promise." I replied while locking my pinky with his. After that we he went back to his room and I finished packing my things. Once I finished packing up my things I went back downstairs to meet the head of the home and Gordon Bombay so he could take me to his place.
___________________________________
"You got everything?" Asked the head. "Yep this is it!" I replied. "Well are you ready?" Asked Bombay. "As ready as I'll ever be." I replied. "I can't believe it... I'm gonna go play hockey for an official team." I couldn't believe the words coming out of my mouth. I never thought that my dreams are finally coming true. So Bombay and I walked to the front door and I grabbed my bags and he took my suitcase. Everyone was there wish me good luck. We all said our goodbyes and got all of our hugs in before we had left to go to the rink.

___________________________________
A/N: hey y'all! I hope you enjoy this part! Sometimes when I'm in the middle of writing some of the parts I need to take a little break so if you se Ernst I had published another part but it's short and there's no authors note after it or if the ending of the part doesn't make sense then I probably had to take a little break. I've done that like 2-3 times with this part already. So I didn't want to confuse anyone. Sending love to my readers!! <33
___________________________________