Chapter 53 Tommy Shelby

Warnings: alcoholic, selfharm, emotional/physical abuse.

"Mrs Shelby?" Mary said at the doorway,
Y/n's eyes focused on the closed window as she walked in a little closer, numbness in her chest, her pale hand placed flat on her pillow.

"Mrs Shelby?" She asked again, seeing her exhausted eyes open, Y/n eventually looked up.

"Are you Well Mrs Shelby?" Mary asked placing her hand on Y/n's head.

"Yes" Y/n mumbled as Mary took a step back lightly pulling the cover back and helping her sit up noticing the empty bottle of vodka on her nightstand.

"I shall get Chef to make you some breakfast" Mary said taking the empty bottle of vodka away, she quickly left the room.

"Alone again" Y/n whispered standing and moving towards the window, pulling back the dark coloured curtains looking out, the gardens covered in fog.

"Lady I hope you don't mind I chose you some clothes, the Master will be back later tonight" Frances said softly.

"Thank you Frances" Y/n whispered moving towards the bed again.

"I will be back in after you've eaten alright?" Frances said Y/n only nodded watching her go.

Half an hour passed before Mary walked in again a large tray of different breakfasts food placed neatly.

"Here you are my Lady, the Master shall be back this evening he has already requested what the Chef will make for dinner, his family will not be joining us this evening" Mary said Y/n thanked her slowly eating.

Mary got to work on getting a bath ready for her.

Y/n barely cleared a quarter of the plate as she placed it down.

"Is it alright if I bathe myself?" Y/n asked, Mary nodded picking up the tray and walking out.

Y/n sighed locking the bathroom door she relaxed in the warm water.

Her lifestyle had never been like this...ever, her Mother gave up all of her children to the work house except her, Polly had taken her in before her Mother had died.

Polly was always at the betting shop, Y/n grew up on her own rarely getting the chance to have a meal when she lived with her Mother, now she had the choice of 3 meals a day and sometimes even more.

A house almost the size of the street she used to live on, their bedroom the size of her old apartment

It was ridiculous, it felt completely empty when the help went home or to bed, she felt empty when Tommy wasn't home which was constantly.

He was never here.

She placed her head back sliding under the water relaxing in the burning heat.

Coming back up gasping for breath, if only she had the will to hold herself underneath and stop breathing.
But alas she didn't, so she hurt herself in other ways...it had become an addition.

Cigarette burns, sometimes using the lighter itself, knives, razor blades anything she could get her hands on to feel something, guns well guns were different Tommy kept them all in a safe even when he was here keeping them from her site and reach.

She knew the life of the peaky blinders but he never allowed her to carry a gun and even if he did well, she wouldn't have the guts to kill herself with it.

Most of the time Tommy was too exhausted to see the damage on her body, even when they did have sex, he rarely noticed anything anymore.
They had lost their emotions thanks to the lives they lead.