19

My life is so boring and I lost three friends. Woo.

-

His lips are so full and plump, and having them pressed against my own is pure bliss. But, I pull away, blushing.

"What's wrong?" Calum asks. "Oh, God. You didn't mean to do that, did you? Fuck, I-"

"Calum," I whisper, giggling a bit at how flustered he is. "I did mean to do that. But, I just..." I trail off and bite my lip.

"You just what?"

"I've never kissed anyone. I don't know how, and I don't want to embarrass myself."

He smirks slightly and scoots closer to me. "You won't get better if you don't try. I could help you, if you want."

"I-I don't know. I mean, I really do want to kiss you, but, what if I'm a really bad kisser and then you don't like me anymore?"

He laughs and says, "I was once a bad kisser, too."

I frown. That doesn't make me feel better at all. "Right, but Kellin helped you become better."

His face falls. "Well, yes, but-"

I smile forcefully and stand. "I should probably go."

"Mikey, please, stay." Before I can leave, he grabs my wrist and tugs me back down on the couch. And before I can process what's happening, he's kissing me again. But, it's just a quick peck. Nothing forceful.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because I like you. Please don't let what Kellin and I did bother you. We don't even like each other. Well, I don't like him, and as far as I know, he doesn't like me. We were just two gay guys, experimenting. Nothing more. I like you, Michael. Please, just give me a chance?"

I hesitate, then nod. Calum beams and hugs me tightly.

"But no one can find out," I say, slowly hugging him back.

He pulls away from me and nods. "Right, I know. No one."

I cough uneasily. "So, can we go back to kissing?"

-

"Calum," I whine, pouting as I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror.

"Yeah?" he asks, entering the room.

"You gave me a love bite. One that won't be easy to hide." It's near my collarbone.

He grins and steps closer to me. "Want another one."

"No," I say, but my lie is totally obvious.

His smile widens, and he steps even closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist loosely.

He attaches his lips to my neck and gently sucks, and my hands fly to his hair. When his tongue grazes the bruise, I gasp, and he pulls away slightly to blow on the sensitive skin.

Before we can get any farther, I hear Ashton call out, "Is anyone here?"

Calum quickly steps away from me and smirks as he gives me a once over, causing me to blush.

"Calum and I are here," I call back as I exit the bathroom.

"Do you know where Luke is?" Ashton asks, rounding the corner and seeing me. "I don't know where he is, and he isn't answering his phone."

I shrug, hoping that he can't see the love bites on my neck. They're small, but visible.

"It's, like, midnight. He's probably at home, asleep."

He shakes his head. "I went by his house, and his motorcycle wasn't there."

"Is there a particular reason you're looking for him?"

He shrugs. "Kind of." He clearly hesitates, then says, "Well, I guess I can talk to you guys. Where even is Calum?"

"In here!" Calum calls from inside the bathroom, emerging moments later. "I was peeing."

"Oh, well, um, okay then. Can we go back to the couches and talk? I kind of just would rather we sit."

Calum and I share a confused look, and I say, "Um sure."

Once we're seated on our respective couches, Ashton takes a deep breath, then starts to explain.

-

[Luke's POV]

I pace slightly back and forth on Xyla's porch. I can't believe that I've been avoiding everyone because of a stupid fucking girl.

I sigh and knock on her door, then stuff my hands in my front pockets.

"Oh," she says when she opens the door and sees me. "Um, hi."

"Can I come in?"

She leans against the doorframe. "Luke, you can't keep showing up at midnight and expect me to just let you in."

"Right, yeah, I know that. I just wanted to apologize."

She raises her eyebrows and scoffs. "Two months later you decide to apologize? Wow, you're a real gentleman, aren't you?"

"Xyla, I just..." I groan and run a Han through my hair. "I didn't want to come near you."

"Oh, great. That's probably the best answer you could've come up with." Her voice is filled with sarcasm, and she's about to slam the door, but I quickly slip inside and kick the door closed behind me, then grab her shoulders and spin her around, pushing her against the door.

"This is why I didn't want to be near you," I say, my face inches from hers.

Her eyes are wide, but not from fear. She just looks shocked.

She licks her lips, and my eyes immediately flick down to them.

"Luke, you don't have to avoid me because of this." Her voice is soft. "Do you know how long I've wanted to kiss you? Nyx told me it probably wouldn't be a good idea to get involved with you, but you haven't touched any girls in a while. I don't think you're a bad guy, so don't avoid me."

I'm practically trembling, and without thinking, I crash my lips against hers.

-

Only a few chapters left!