Impossible Odds

(I DO NOT OWN NOR CLAIM TO OWN ANY IMAGES USED WITHIN THIS STORY)

It had been a good month since you and your team had been named Monster Squad SNGR.

Your daily routine seemed to change from wake up, go to class, go to bed. To wake up, go to one or two classes, then get called for a monster attack.

With the increased monster attacks the other kingdoms were forced to pull together their own monster squads.

Exceptionally strong teams that had been trained to fight this new threat.

It definitely made the workload for your team a little more bearable since now you didn't have to leave Vale as much anymore.

Even with Remnant's finest warriors protecting the world against this new threat, it was still an uphill battle.

Especially with more advanced monsters beginning to show up.

And it wasn't long until simple grimm elimination missions turned into DEMON level monster threats.

Such was the case for the unfortunate Team CVFY who was currently fending off a grimm attack in a village on the island of Patch.

Coco's minigun was starting to run on empty as she just took out another five beowolves.

Coco: "They just keep coming!"

She said, falling back behind Yatsuhashi to reload.

Fox: "What's drawing them here?! We've already evacuated the village!"

The blind boy spoke as he decapitated an ursa with a strike from his arm mounted blade.

Velvet: "You sure you don't want me to use Y/N's strength again? I think I can handle it this time!"

Velvet spoke desperately trying to find a way out for her team.

Coco: "Not a chance!"

Coco said, shooting the rabbit faunus a bit of a glare.

Yatsuhashi: "None of us want to see you in that much pain again!"

Velvet nodded solemnly, remembering the feeling of her arm practically shattering.

She then noticed something coming from within one of the cabins.

She slowly made her way to it, hoping it was just some civilian who was a bit late to the evacuation.

Her eyes went wide as a hideous creature burst the front door off its hinges and slinked out.

Velvet screamed in terror as it hissed at her.

Coco took notice as she quickly finished her reload and opened fire.

Coco: "Fall back V! I got you covered!"

All of a sudden all of the grimm that once surrounded them collapsed to the ground in agony.