chapter six

*NEWT*
I scrunched up my hands, trying not to hit the crank. he started going on about what he'll do to minho.

HOW COULD TOMMY DO THIS? Was all I could think, it was shuckin' awful. Courtney placed her head on my shoulder and slide her arm around my back. Her hand instantly cooled me down, but I still had a bloody Fire in my stomach. Or was that hunger?

All of a sudden Courtney started laughing like bloody maniac. She pushed me away as tears rolled down her eyes from laughing. Everyone stared at confusion. She pointed at the crank and laughed even harder.

I touched her shoulder to asked her what's funny when she instantly stopped laughing at jumped on top of me, her hands around my neck.

All the gladers rushed to get her off,Tommy there first,pulling one arm and minho on the other. She had a crank look in her eye.

Spit started coming from her mouth,it was a light pink colour. I tried to speak to her. But all that came out was chokes.

Minho and Tommy dragged her off me and slammed her against a wall. I scrambled to the corner, gasping for bloody breath.

"you never cared about me! You made my life hell! I watched over you to make sure you did-" Jorge the crank had smacked her across the face with his fist.

She was out for the count.

Tommy instantly rushed over while minho watched over Courtney. The other shucks had backed away in the other corner.

"Hey you okay?" Tommy asked. I nodded.

"What happened" he asked.

"I don't know Tommy" I did, but I wasn't gonna tell this shuck. "She just started laughing" my voice trembled as tears swelled in my eyes. "She just-" tears fell down my cheeks.

Tommy put his arms around me. They were comforting, and we're slowly pressing the tears away, but it wasn't her.

I knew it was an effect of the flare. But I didn't know it was gonna take the effect this fast. Minho dragged her into one of the rooms down the hallway, I followed behind them.my tears had stopped by then.

She was unconsiuos now, slumped against the wall, minho staring at her. waiting for her to stir. A few minutes later she did. She mumbled something and rubbed her head where the crank leader hit her.