chapter iii : unofficial romance

│   ◢◤◢◤ TW: romance (sorry aromatics that are in here)

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 2k+

→→→ summer, 2062

→→→ summer, 2062.
→→ third person flashback. any quotes in bold is dream talking to agatha while also narrating.

— ❝ me and my girl, we got this relationship. ❞
in the convex mirror, they finished restocking the shelves, standing up from the end of the aisle holding an empty crate as they lowly sung to the lyrics of the song on the radio, striding towards the back hallway.

♬   i love her so bad
but she treats me like shit.  ♬

ding. ding.

just as they stepped back behind the register, the sound of the tiny bells at the top of the door made a grand entrance, and there walked in a surprisingly familiar group of people.

♬   on lockdown, like a penitentiary. ♬

as the radio continued playing, all the boys entered the convenience store and turned their heads, all eyes landing on f/n behind the register. f/n smiled at all of them, leaning on the counter. "hey." they simply said, letting everyone bask in the shock of the moment.

karl and quackity ended up stepping forward first, advancing towards the counter so they could see f/n up close. karl looked like he just discovered gold, his blue eyes developing a symptom of starlight twinkles. quackity laughed a bit. "wow.. you work here." he said, reaching up to touch his beanie in an attempt to grasp reality.

"yeah. clearly i do. i'm surprised we've been hanging out for a while and you never bothered to ask if i have a job." f/n responded, their smile creating small dimples at the side of their lips. "ooh! do you sell monster energy here?" karl perked up, getting out of his flabbergasted trance.

"yeah! go all the way down and it should be on this side towards the corner." they leaned forward, slightly going on their tiptoes to peer over the shelves, eyes locking with the energy drink section of the fridges. they pointed towards the area, making karl grin joyously and jump up on his heels. "thank you!" the brunette blurted out, sprinting at the end of the room and making a usain-bolt-esque right turn, heading straight to the corner. quackity's eyes widened as he attempted to keep up with karl, almost tripping.

after a short while of watching the boys roam around the aisles, making loud sex puns and stealing each other's candy, the first couple made their way to the register. "hey muffinhead! i didn't know you worked here! that's really cool." bad complimented, placing his and skeppy's snacks on the counter. f/n smiled back at him. "well it's alright. i always work overtime and i have a good raise. plus it's an even better job now that you're here." they cooed playfully, smiling between bad and skeppy as they ran the items over the scanner.