Retaliate

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Astrid and Malcom have been married for more than two decades but never has she ever felt so Suspicious, and she almost felt bad feeling like that . 

The only thing that kept her going are the evidences she gathered herself. She thinks her husband is cheating on her, no. She knows her husband is cheating on her. 

But with who? She doesn't have even the slightest idea . 

She has a lot of options in mind though, it could be his secretary, his business associate or it could even be his friend that she never knew he had . 

She just 45, while her husband just turned 56 . An eleven years age gap that no one seemed to have a problem with especially because of the devotion the lad showed to woo his woman. 

They met when she was 18 and he turned 29. It was a love at first sight for Malcom but Astrid being her innocent and naive self never noticed. She thought he just wanted to be friends and stuff . 

Two years of friendship later he confessed, to which she accepted and told him that she feels the same way. He felt like he could carry the world in his arms, he wanted to arrange the constellations or pull the moon closer. He felt like he could do everything because of the happiness he felt. 

A couple of years later when she turned 24, Malcom decided to propose to her in public to which she enthusiastically agreed to. A few months after that they got a beach wedding and celebrated their honeymoon for a yacht. 

They are what you call a perfect couple, the ideal combination for life partners. The exemplary combination of yin and yang to which Astrid is the Yin or the brighter side whilst Malcom is the opposite. 

He was strict, a perfectionist and impatient which explains why he is known as one of the most successful elite businessman. Meanwhile Astrid was known for her kindness, her gentle nature and patience. She balanced him out in every way possible. 

So after almost three decades later with their 2 children, no one would think he would cheat. They thought wrong though. 

Astrid noticed how he goes home late almost everyday a few weeks ago, and he never liked doing that because he used to go home early so they could cuddle in bed, watch movies or do whatever they want as a perfect married couple. They would argue yes, but that happens once in a blue moon. 

Astrid never knew why Malcom would cheat, she has acted as his wife perfectly and she doesn't have the slightest reason why he would do that. Was it because of her looks? She grew older, yes and her body did too. Showing the sign of age in her made her insecure but her children noticed right away , booked her on clinics and dentists to gain her confidence back. 

Her husband never liked her getting boob jobs to make her breasts firmer or liposuction. But he loved it anyway. But based on the lipstick marks she found on his suits made her think she didn't make him happy enough. 

"please..." She mumbled to herself shakily while waiting for the elevator door to open, she plans to visit his office today. He usually comes home by this time but he's not home yet and there are no other employees around except the guards and cleaning workers. 

"Please let my assumptions be wrong.." 

She whispered lowly one last time as she heard the elevator ding before the doors opened, she stepped out and made a beeline straight for his office. And with trembling hands she slowly twisted the knob and pushed the door opened but what she saw made her eyes water and her soul break. 

She could almost hear the shatters of her own heart getting broken like a piece of a fragile glass piece as she stared at the scene right infront of her.