chapter 0

Medea's POV

Medea's POV

"Your marriage partner has been decided, Medea." Father said while cutting the meat served for lunch. It seems like they already decided it without asking me anything.

"...May i know with who, father?"

"It's the second son from Agriche family. He didn't get to inherit the family but his achievement in war is great so the emperor is giving him a land and title. It's worth it to be in connection with their family."

Agriche's second son. That bastard Dion. Why does it has to be him. He's the worst out of everyone from the family.

"When is the wedding ceremony?"

"It's next month."

"Next month? Isn't that too fast?"

"The Lord, Lant Agriche wanted it to happen as soon as possible. Just go along with it Medea."

"...Yes, father."

Dion's POV

"Dion, your marriage issue has been completed."

"What?"

What the fuck is this. I just got back from the war for two weeks and they're already talking about my marriage.

"You're going to marry Medea Solon next month."

"Lady Solon?! Are you serious father?!"

Even Jeremy is shocked. Everyone knows damn well that me and that lady Solon aren't on good terms. Honestly why is this even happening?

"You have no say in this Dion. You need a wife to lead your new land. And Lady Solon is the best choice out there for you."

"But father, don't you think Lady Medea isn't suitable with Dion. Lady Medea is so graceful and noble, if someone has to marry her, it's got to be Lord Raphael from house Kedrey."

"I think so too Roxana, but we have to do this to srengthen Dion's new land."

"But father, i never said I want to get married. Especially with the lady from house Solon"

"Didn't I tell you you have no say in this matter? You have to do this even if you don't want to. It's for your own good."

This is bullshit.

"I'm going out."

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To my future wife's house?"

"Good, you can go."

• • •

Medea's POV

"What do you want from me?"

"Have you heard about our wedding?"

Ah this bastard. I was forgetting about this a while ago. Now he's here to talk about this stupid marriage and such.

"Of course i did. Why?"

"Don't you think you should decline this?"

"No. I would rather marry you than the Duke of Kedrey."

"Are you saying you prefer me more than that guy?"

"Hahah what nonsense are you talking about? Let's stop talking about this and just accept it, shall we?"

"...You're one crazy bitch for marrying your enemy just because you were told to."

This son of a bitch, I wish he died in the war.

"Oh shut up Dion Agriche. Didn't your father asked me to marry you because you can't even handle your land?"

"But I never said I needed you to handle it"

"Well that sucks, but you should just accept it. It's going to happen anyway. Let's make this marriage memorable yeah, my Lord?"

"Sure, lets do that."

To be continued (?)

Hello yall, I'm nabtooru and I'm doing this ff because it seems fun to do (💀). Also I'm sorry if my English is hard to read, English is not my first language so I don't know much about grammar and such. Also I don't know if I'm gonna continue this, because I only write when I get bored, so let's hope i get bored easily in the future.