chapter 1

3rd pov

"Medea."

"Ah, brother. You came."

"Why are you suddenly getting married? You're only 20"

"I'm already 20, brother" she said with a smile on her face.

She may not look like it, but Dekis knows his sister never wanted to marry anyone. Not when she already intended to take over the dukedom.

"Brother."

"Yes?"

She smiles once again.

"I'm doing this because I want to. I still can look after the Solon family after father die, you don't have to worry. Go and do what you want to."

Dekis went speechless. His only sister, who he loves more than himself, is growing up all matured and telling him to live the life he wanted. When she herself has to marry someone she never wanted. The thought of it is making him tearing up.

"It's not too late to call this off, Medea."

"It's already happening, brother. We just have to accept it."

"But-"

*knock knock*

Someone's on the door. Is it the Duke? Or is it the groom, Dion Agriche?

"Excuse me, my lady and young master. The ceremony will start in 5 minutes. If you're ready please come to the front"

"Yes, we will be there."

The servant closed the door. Leaving both of them alone again.

"Medea-"

"Brother. Let's get going now. I want this to finish quickly. You see, I got up really early to doll up today."

Medea said, standing up from the chair she sat.

"Medea." Dekis call for her.

"Yes, brother?"

"If you ever feel like getting a divorce after this, come see me, alright?"

She giggled.

"I don't think there's gonna be a day like that. If I'm getting married, then I'm gonna make it a memorable one."

She walked out the door, going to the hall where the guests and his soon-to-be husband are.

• • •

"Dion Agriche, do you promise to take Medea Solon, as your wife and love her for the rest of your life?"

"...yes, I do." Dion said with a frown. He couldn't care less, he just wants this to finish quickly.

"Medea Solon, do you promise to take Dion Agriche, as your husband and love him for the rest of your life?"

"Yes, i do." Unlike Dion, Medea said it with a wide smile on her face.

If anyone didn't know about their relationship, they might thought she's so excited to be married to him.

"I hereby declare, in front of the God, that these two are legally married, and promised to love each other for the rest of their life. The bride and the groom may now kiss."

Instead of going to her lips, Dion went for her left ear, whispering something.

"You should take care of your back for the rest of your life, Medea Solon."

Her eyes widened then a smile is formed on her lips.

"My my, I suggest you do so too, Dion Agriche."

With that, the wedding came to the end.

• • •

Medea's pov

"Lady Medea!!" Someone shouted, right after she got out of the hall.

"Psyche. You were here too?"

"Of course! How can I skipped my best friend's wedding!"

"Haha, did you come with the crown prince?"

"Ah yes, Eros is talking to the Dukes right now. He said I can come and see you while they talk."

"What a great fiance."

"Right?! Ah by the way, are you sure you are fine marrying someone from the Agriche? Aren't they like, really crazy?"

"Oh my, how could you say that about my in-laws? They're nice people don't worry."

"You know, right after I got out of the hall, I bumped into someone and it turns out to be lady of Agriche, the one with blonde hair and red eyes. She looked at me like she's judging me. Are you sure they're nice people, lady Medea?"

"Ah you mean Roxana? Of course, she's the nicest out of everyone from the family."

"But she-"

"Psyche, you shouldn't disturb Lady Solon. She must be very tired with the preparation." Eros said while side hugging his fiance.

"It's fine your highness. It sure is refreshing talking with her."

"Congratulations on your marriage once again, Lady Solon. It seems like you once again did something bigger than me."

"Thank you, your highness. But I'm sure Psyche is really ready even if you ask her to marry you tonight."

"Of course! There's no way I'll reject his highness's proposal!"

Everyone is laughing happily, not until the other main character arrived.

"Greetings to his highnesses, the crown prince and princess." Dion said while bowing his head in front of Eros.

"Ah, Sir Dion, congratulations on marrying one of the best ladies in the empire."

"Thank you for coming to our wedding, your highness. It sure is a blessing to have you present on our 'happiest' day."

Suddenly, an imperial knight came to tell Eros something.

"Excuse me Your highness, his majesty the emperor has asked you to return to the palace with the crown princess."

"Alright bride and groom, this prince of yours need to leave now so enjoy the rest of your happiest day together. I wish you two to be together until the end of the world."

"Thank you for your wishes your highness."

With Eros and Psyche leaving, it's now the two of them again, alone.

"You heard that?"

Now what.

"Heard what?"

"I wish you two to be together until the end of the world. Do you think it's possible, my wife?"

This f*cker. He's testing me right after the crown prince left. Who the hell does he think he is?

"Of course we will, my dear husband."

To be continued.

Another chapter done. I didn't expect anyone's gonna read this, but then I opened my Wattpad one day and see a lot of notification 😟. Also, Eros in my story is really different from the original one. Idk I like him this way. So he's very kind, gentle and loving in this story. See you in the next chapter (or not idk depends 💀)