Prologue

One day, the sky turned grey and cold. Rain poured down mercilessly while lighting struck, and thunder roared. Terror reigned as droplets of rain grew into mighty floods, as howling winds formed colossal tornados, as the roar of thunder shook the very earth, and the touch of lightning spawned countless sprites of flames. All thought the end had come, that the gods were passing holy judgment on the world, and all had been damned.

However, the end was not their intent. For in the midst of turmoil, light peaked down from the heavens. And soon, the chaos settled. The dark sky faded into a radiant azure, while the great floods dissipated, the mighty tornados vanished, the blazing lightning ceased, and the earthquakes fell silent.

Once all was calm and silent, brilliant angels descended upon the world, bearing divine musical instruments and a message from their lords. In one beautiful voice, they chanted to the world, "Thine lords art merciful. Thou hast been given a second chance. Thou art to play thine gifts and win the hearts of thine lords. The one who hast attained the greatest of hearts shall save thine world, and a wish shall be bestowed upon thee."

With the instruments and message delivered, the angels ascended back into the light, leaving the people to be ensued in chaos once more. However, this too did not last long as a champion did soon win the hearts of the gods. Adored by all as both savior and musical genius, the champion received their wish and used it to forge a promise. A promise that the gods would never attempt to destroy the world again.

And so, a new covenant between the earth and heavens was forged. Agreeing that every twenty years a new competition for the hearts of all will occur. Not for the safety of the world, but solely for the captivation and unity of all the hearts in both heaven and earth. And as before, the one who attains the greatest of hearts will be granted their deepest desire.

Now, a hundred years later, the Consortium begins anew as both gods and humans eagerly await their next champion. Who will it be, and what will they wish for?