NAM-RA: Rivals

" R I V A L S "
Choi Nam-ra x GN! Reader

Type: fluff

Notes: smoking is unhealthy!

Choi Nam-ra and l/n y/n the academic rivals

Both come from important and powerful families, have the same high grades, are misunderstood by the students, and have a highly classified rivalry that some have noticed.

Just seeing them sitting next to each other makes you wonder. Is it true that they despise each other, or are they simply academic competitors?

They didn't even mind Joon-young, who is lesser than both of them and is content with his tittle.

When they made eye contact, the tension would suddenly rise. It's either intimidating or strange sexual tension that only idiots believe it to be.

y/n is the one who smirks and grins whenever they outshines their rival, and Nam-ra is the one who is secretly celebrating.

Nobody would have predicted that these two would care or even dislike each other. But they do it in secret, but it's obvious.

They occasionally exchanged glum expressions and may have caused minor havoc by cramming papers or breaking pencils.

Sometimes they show off to each other, but most often y/n who appears like they want to impress their rival.

Unlike other rivals, they do not spread rumors or engage in slanderous behavior. In fact, they both have an unusual reputation that includes money and their family's influence at school.

Whenever there was a debate, the fight would flare up, with each side spitting out facts that were potentially offensive to the other. Nonetheless, they only interact with one another.

"No, I think y/n is smarter! Remember how they literally made our science teacher look dumb? They aced the equations and told him he was wrong as well!"

Dae-su mentioned it as they argued about who was the best student. Others nodded their heads, while others sat with their chins buried in thought.

"Nam-ra, I believe. She won the science competition three times in Japan, which is quite impressive."

"How about the national mathematics competition? And what about the chess match in Seoul? Journalism tournaments? And what about the robotics contests? y/n won that dude! "

"Nope! I've got more to say! "

As they skimmed their notes, Nam-ra and y/n sat unconcernedly listening to the argument.

y/n smoothed down their skirt/pants and pushed their hair back away from their face.

"?"

Their brows lifted as they looked beside them, and there sat their rival, putting the focus on her notes, looking like a deity as a wedge of sunlight bursting through the narrow window, causing the light to reflect her beauty.