two.

⋆。˚ MIKE ENTERED THE SCHOOL BUILDING, SHOVING HIS HANDS INTO THE POCKETS OF HIS HOODIE AS HE ENTERED THE DOUBLE DOORS. The hallway air hit his face as students milled around, some holding Starbucks cups, couples linking hands, and others conversing in trios. And even though Mike was tired, the atmosphere felt good and familiar. 

     Obviously it was because he was high. He didn't expect anything less, due to the dosage Xan had given him before the two had driven to the school together. The boys had entered the school, all of them in a pack like usual. The administrators had looked at them dubiously, as they all usually did, but Mike and his friends paid no attention.

     Xan was leading the pack, as he usually did. As he gave the regular orders to the rest of Mike's friends, and they split off in their ways to their classrooms, he stopped Mike and put a hand on his shoulder.

     "Hey man," He said, his eyes flashing to meet Mike's. "We're not gonna have a problem with you getting Max to talk are we? Everything is gonna go like we said this morning?"

      Mike snorted, half listening. The conversation the couple were having to his right was a lot more interesting for his high brain to focus on, and he turned his half-closed eyes back to Xan with a lazy grin.

      "Relax, Xans," he said, rolling his eyes." I've got it all under control."

     Before his friend could say anything more, Mike had turned and strode off towards his first period class, where he knew Max would be sitting in the last row from the back with Jane Hopper, captain of the cheerleading squad, by her side.

     He had strode into the class right as the bell rang, and his teacher Mrs. Martinez glanced up at him with a scowl, but didn't say anything. Mike wasn't late. He had cut it close. If he had been late, it would have been detention, and he wasn't risking that due to the meeting he had with the rest of them today.

     And if all went well, Max too.

     Instead of going to his usual seat near the window in the right corner, he moved all the way back to Max and Jane's direction, taking the seat right across the aisle from Max. He noticed her glance his way as he put his book bag down beside him, leaning back in his seat.

     He pretended to ignore her for a little while, but when her glances kept getting more and more obvious, he couldn't resist a jab in her direction. Just to get the conversation going, of course.

     "Staring won't make you see through my clothes, Mayfield," Mike hissed in her direction, smirking slightly as he saw her cheeks flush a bright, crimson red.

     Bingo.

     Jane leaned over from her seat, her eyebrows lifting as she pursed her perfectly glossed lips. "You're distracting us from history with your stench, Wheeler." 

     The words dripped from his mouth a little too slow, but his reply came quick all the same. "Stench from your latest get together in the stairwell with Tyler Blaine or-"

     "Drop. Dead." Jane spat. 

     "Any comments from the back?" A clear voice rang out from the front. 

     The girls' heads both whipped up, their eyes on Mrs. Martinez who was waiting for a response with her arms folded. Mike took the opportunity to shake his sleeve further down on his arm, trying to wake the nerves up in his face for the slightest second as the spotlight was shown on them. 

     Mrs. Martinez looked at the three of them. "Well?" 

     Mike cleared his throat nonchalantly. If the girls were gonna be mute like stupid fucking idiots, he was going to be the stupid fucking idiot who opened his mouth.