Stay with Me! (Short Story)

CATO! Yelled clove from a far CATO!

Cato looked up from the steaming fire

Clove...? He asked as if she could hear him

CATO! clove yelled again

Clove! He started to run toward the noise, following it like it was the last thing he knew how to do.

He was determined to find it to find her.

His name echoed in his ear loudly as he ran

He began to hear footsteps just as he had reached the edge of the forest near the Cornucopia.

A girl layed there completely still, she was alone. A bag of medicine with the number 2 on it lay there beside her only touched once.

He carefully walked toward the Cornucopia, He saw a girl running away she was wearing a braid, her hair was dark brown and carried a bow.

At that he started to run

When he had gotten to the scene, his heart sank.

Clove was laying on the ground staring blankly up at him. Her pupils deep and dark. The pain still flashing in her eyes. Her hair dripping with blood which gently seeped onto the ground. The last glisten left her eyes.

He fell to ground, breathing heavily. A clear glossy liquid welling up in his eyes. He gently picked up her head. Her blood touched his fingers. His lips opened and he talked slowly, he begged for her to stay with him. Just then a boom came from the sky

He could no longer speak. He looked around as a tear rolled down his cheek. A rock sat close to them splattered with blood. His head shook as his mind pulled the pieces together.

Clove was gone, she wasn't coming back.

He set up "camp" at the Cornucopia. Night grew cold, it was super dark darker then it's ever been before.
A scream achoed through the forest, creeping up on him, A pack of loud growls followed the scream.

It shattered him because it reminded him of what happened just hours before, her last very words were her screaming his name, and now she was gone. Gone like the snow every summer, gone like the seeds of an apple to which nobody cares about; except he did care about her more than anything in the world.

Footsteps came closer to the Cornucopia followed by wimpers of what sounded like a dog, Two sillhouettes came out from the dark shaking forest, they were being chased by something. It was fast and its growls were load and the same as the previous. It had finally hit him this was the finale.
.................................................................