KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE

"Okay, I need to ask you guys something and I need you to be completely honest with me," Hanna said as she turned to face the girls after staring at herself in the mirror.

"Of course."

"Sure."

"Is this side of my face fatter than this side?" Hanna asked as she turned for the girls to see both sides.

"No," the girls assured her, almost synchronously as they all compared the sizes.

"Okay, good," Hanna said as she rubbed her hands over her cheeks to feel them for herself to make sure she wasn't going crazy.

"Is that Ian?" Aria asked as her eyes travelled behind their blonde friend and over to where the man was shaking hands with one of their school's coaches.

"Yeah. I hear he's the new hockey coach," Emily told them.

"Does Melissa know he's back?" Haley asked.

"I don't know why she ever broke up with him," Hanna spoke up.

"She didn't. He broke up with her," Spencer explained as Mona walked over to the girls, holding a stack of black envelopes with a yellow ribbon tied around them.

"Hey, the first one's for my bestie," Mona said as she passed one of the envelopes to Hanna before giving one to the other girls. "And one for each of you, my bestie's other friends."

"Oh, uh, what's this?" Aria asked.

"Oh, nothing," Mona started to explain. "Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever. Camp Mona."

"Camp Mona?" Aria questioned as all of the other girls looked at each other nervously, minus Hanna who was grinning from ear to ear.

"Don't let the camping part scare you," Mona told them. "It's glamping, not camping. M is for Mona and massages, not mosquitos.. Oh, Naomi, Riley. Hey, wait up."

"Why is Mona inviting us to her birthday party?" Spencer asked as the girl in question ran off to hand out more invitations.

"Well, she knows that we're friends again and she's just trying to reach out to you. She's trying to be nice... So, are you gonna go?

"I know she's your friend, but..." Spencer started as Aria spoke up. "Yeah, but, I- I'm gonna have to pass. I've got this-"

"I've got a lot of stuff to do this weekend," Spencer finished.

"Me too."

"Rocky's getting groome-" Haley stopped herself as each of the girls phones buzzed from inside their bags.

Camp Mona's a scavenger hunt and I'm the prize. Come and find me, bitches.

-A

——————

"It's a bummer, Camp Mona's a girls-only party," Noel said as he sat against one of the tables in the school cafeteria with Haley standing in front of him. "I feel like I haven't seen you lately."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I've just been really busy," Haley lied. Truth be told, she still felt guilty about the Jason situation but she didn't really want to tell Noel and ruin what they had. It's not like she and Jason were going to start dating again. "We can do something afterward like..."

"Laying around being lazy together watching movies all day?"

"With popcorn?" Haley questioned.

"With kettle corn," Noel smirked, knowing it was the girl's favorite.