The Introductions

Looking back at the other group, I motioned for my brother to join the others while I walked up to the man who I suspected was the leader. I held my hand out to him and he gave me a firm handshake which I returned. He's respectable enough it seems. "My apologies, sir. My group tends to be over cautious, which isn't always a bad thing in this world, I suppose. Allow me to introduce myself and my group. I'm Rose." I take a step to the side and point at my brother. "The boy with a small scar on his cheek and a black hat on is my brother Matty. The older boy next to him is Kyle. The twins standing beside him are his sisters, Amber and Sky. The one with bright green eyes and a red headband is Amber. Then the one with sky blue eyes and a feather necklace is Sky." I pointed to each of them in turn before looking back at the mam and his group. "And in case you haven't noticed, I'm the leader of the group." I smirked at the looks of shock and awe on their faces. I heard the boy with the hat gasp a bit. 'I don't know why that's so surprising. Kyle did say I was the leader in a loud enough voice that they should have heard him.'
Carl's POV (because I can)
"In case you haven't noticed, I'm the leader of the group." She tells us. I gasp. 'She looks like she's my age, wouldn't it make more sense if that older guy in their group was the leader? I know that's what all of us thought before she pointed it out. Maybe she knew that so that's why she corrected it?'
*le time skip to after the prison groups introductions and invitation to the group brought to you by Michonne's badass skills*
I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized everyone, other than me, Rose, and Matty, had went inside the store for supplies. I finally noticed that I was staring at Rose that entire time, I see Matty glaring at me before whispering something into Rose's ear and walking into the store. She looks me up and down in an analyzing kind of way before coming towards me. "Hey. Carl, right?" I nod in reply. She gives me something that looks to be a well rehearsed smile. "Well, Carl, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope we can get along nicely since it seems like we may be in the same group if the rest of you allow it."
My dad and the others came back with bags full of supplies and we all started walking back to the prison. Since this place was only a short distance from the prison, we decided to come on foot instead of using the cars. I walked behind my dad and Rose, who were walking in the front. I couldn't hear what they were say but soon Rose jumped and gasped in sudden surprise. She twirls around and looks at her brother. "Matty, quick. Give me your guitar and go get Anny." He gasps in shock and quickly but carefully takes the instrument case off his back and gives it to her. "Kyle, go with him." Kyle nods and the two guys ran off in the direction of a nearby neighborhood that we had checked already.
________________________________________________
A/N ~ I'm sorry if it short again. Hope y'all liked it though! Let's all look forward to the next one! ~Ali🌹