Jimmy Kimmel Interview with HANNY

.
Outfit performance "Levitating"

Mic/In-ear

.
Outfit interview

Jimmy: The next guess is the most popular solo artist vast realm of music known as K-pop, back with english studio album with title "Future Nostalgia" join us far from South Korea, Hanny! Hello lady!

.
Jimmy: The next guess is the most popular solo artist vast realm of music known as K-pop, back with english studio album with title "Future Nostalgia" join us far from South Korea, Hanny! Hello lady!

(Clap)

Hi!

Jimmy: Thank you for being with us. Do you know I can speak Korean?

What?

(Laugh)

Wow! That's great.

Jimmy: I do but I'll keep it in English for the rest of this interview. Just for U.S viewers. Thank you so much for uh being with us. I've never actually talking to anyone from South Korea on video chat before and I know you're really popular. Are you even able to leave your home? Or would you get mobbed by fans?

(Laugh)

Um... I mean just as long as I wear cover up. Not make it obviously it's me. And me not go out like this so it's okay.

Jimmy: So you ever go out in disguises? I know mask should probably good but um ever wear hat um maybe mustache or a beard or something like that?

What? I think it's more obvious if I doing like that. It's a big secret, I can't revealed to you but I do wear like hats and hoodies to cover up. Mainly acting tough.

Jimmy: Yeah sure that's what I do too.

(Laugh)

Jimmy: Your fans are know as BLUEMING. Is that a name that they gave themselves or did you come up with that name for them.

I actually came up with the name when I made a debut. Blueming is means waiting a miracle to a impossible phenomenon, bloom a blue rose and achieve love.

Jimmy: Why did you decide to them BLUEMINGs?

The BLUEMING having a double meaning, the combination of 'blue' symbol of gloom and the pronouncing as 'bloom' which is also symbol of hope

(Clap)

Jimmy: There's a documentary that your fans, I watched a hundred time over on Netflix about you and it's very interesting because you uh go to school an academy where you train to sing and dance and then they choose the students that excel and then they put you in this group or decide to go solo like you. It like Harry Potter or an X-Men type of situation. In that school do you learn is it just about performing or you learning history and math and all the other boring things that we have to learn?

Well that's thing I personally really excited got finally get to get rid all those subject. Mainly learn about performing on the stage, the control on the stage and everything. But I do learn in Highschool for those typical subject. Graduate and now I'm still a student. A university student to be exactly. Yeah, how much I don't like it, I have to study cuz knowledge is important for your life.

(Clap)

Jimmy: Wow! Last year you became the first female kpop soloist to uh play Coachella which uh for those who doesn't know it's big music festival here in the California. It's that something you knew? Is Coachella something people get excited about in South Korea?

Definitely. Everybody who loves music would love to go to Coachella as like a dream wish and for me as trainee you know I would search on the internet um for the performance video and like who's gonna be on the lineup and yeah it was one of the most exciting parts like as a trainee to watch those.

Jimmy: Did you meet anybody there that you excited to meet? Cuz I know there many performers and celebrities there at Coachella.

Jayden Smith actually...

Jimmy: Oh wow, how about that? You know that his dad was a rapper before?

Not actually but I went there earlier and it's their time to perform and I saw he rap. Like oh my god.

Jimmy: Yeah, he was the fresh prince. He did a song that parents can't understand that could be a good song for you guys cover.

(Laugh)

Jimmy: Before that, Grammy! Congratulations! I heard you the first ever kpop artist to won those award.

Thank you!

Jimmy: How do you feel about it?

I still feel surreal. Back then in 2019, it's was hectic year ever for me due to world tour and everything so when my name was calling out, I was frozen. My mind not functioning that time I don't have any expression on my beside just smile. But when I reached the backstage where my managers was waiting for me, it hit me hard, I'm holding those freaking Grammy. You could say I'm bailing out my eyes that day cuz hard to believe it.

(Laugh)

Jimmy: So your new album called "Future Nostalgia". Were you working so hard in school that you just didn't have time to come with the title for the album?

(Laugh)

No... I have a bunch of ideas but the end of the day I knew that my fans waiting for the new album so I just you know, I just decided to go with something that just described it the best yeah "Future Nostalgia".

(Clap)

Jimmy: Alright we gonna take a break and you are going to do a performance for us. What song are you gonna sing for us tonight?

I'm gonna be doing one of my title song from the album Levitating.

Jimmy: Levitating, all right. There she is, HANNY with "Future Nostalgia". We'll be right back with music from HANNY. Thank you lady.