Sneak Peak Ch8

8.

Isabelle.

"Izzy!" I heard, before I turned to see Nicole beside me. "What's up?" I asked, taking my headphones out. "What are you listening to?" She asked, as I paused my audio book.

"One of the books Trouble sent me from his reading list." I answered, before she smiled and laid back on the cabana chair. "Mhmmm, so how's that situation going? I know we really haven't gotten to talk about it. I didn't want to bring it up in front of the rest of them." She said.

"What's going on? I have no idea yet, like he really showed up out of the clear blue sky. Talking big shit." I half laughed. "When has he not, I'm not surprised. What I am surprised by is you acting like you don't want that man." She said, and I bit my lip.

"I don't know that I do. I mean I love him, I can't ever deny that, but he hurt me so bad." I sighed. "So you give him hell so he never does it again, but you get your man. Don't let the years you've spent holding him down go to waist." She said, and I sighed.

"Are you thinking about Zayvan?" She asked and I half shrugged. "Not really. I just don't want to get my hopes up and he's bullshitting. Plus Zay is a whole different beast," I said waiving my hand before Denise came and joined us.

"Oooo why does she have the stank face on?" Denise asked Nicole making me relax some. "We were just talking about Trouble and Zayvan." She told her and Denise smirked. "You know I never thought Trouble was the finest, but shit did you see that man yesterday?!" She said making Nic and I laugh.

"I know! He looked so good, that's probably why he had me kissing on him." I said as I thought about it. "Wait Bitch you didn't tell me y'all kissed!" Nicole said and I shrugged. "I know. He got to me. When we went outside besides the watch he gave me a way more sentimental gift. You know how he always talks about us being cosmically linked and being together in all universes. He bought me two stars, and had this whole story with imagery and ugh, he got to me." I explained.

"You're better than me, I would have fucked him for something like that." Nicole said making us laugh. "I can't do that. Not right now anyway." "So what did Zay say when you came back in the club?" Denise asked, and I shrugged. "He basically told me not to play myself and I had to get at his stupid ass and told him I was free to date as per his own statement." I said and they shook their heads.

"His statement?" Nicole asked and I rolled my eyes. "A few days ago when he got back in town we went to dinner and I told him if he was coming to my graduation and all these events with my family we needed to be more than just friends.

"Anyway he said that I was tripping and I didn't need to put a label on anything that we were having a good time. I knew when he said it that it was some nigga bullshit so I immediately called him on if he was seeing other people still. The last time we had one of these talks he was saying all kinds of shit that he only wanted to be with me and when the off season started we were going to make time for a real relationship." I explained and they nodded.

"So when I asked him if he was seeing someone else still he started talking in circles before I made him say yes or no. He admitted that he was and then said, I was about to start tripping when we were dating but not committed yet. So I told him that was fine with me, but just to be real about it and that I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. So now I'm open to dating again," I said and Denise shook her head.

"Obviously he doesn't want that." "They never really want that, and oh does he really not want you dating Trouble. I mean it goes without saying, it's trouble." Nicole added and I shrugged. "No, we had some words on the way to your graduation about him. He asked me who he was and I wasn't going to lie I told him that he was my ex, and he was a friend of the family. He definitely felt a way about that." I said.