1: Reunited

I was student-teaching Ms.Collin's sixth grade social studies class. It was the Friday before Veterans Day and we were having a discussion about the wars and such.

"Ms. Brooklyn?"

I turned from the white board to see one of the students with her hand up and everyone else was quiet. They were my favorite class.

"Yes, Jenna?" I asked.

"Has your boyfriend been in a war?"

It stung thinking about Lennon. He was in the military until next year and he's been gone for about 4 months now and I talked about him often to the class. I missed him so much.

"No, but he has helped with some war things." I shook my head.

"Cool." she nodded with some knowing smile on her face.

What was that all about?

"Ms. Hughes?"

I let the kids call me by my first name or last name. Most girls called me by my first name and most boys called me by my last name.

"Yes Aiden?" I asked looking at the over excited kids.

"What part of the military is he in?"

"The army." I smiled and brushed my beach waves to the left side of my neck.

"That's awesome." he nodded with another knowing smile.

What is up with these kids?

"Okay we're gonna do a worksheet on the names of the different wars." I said giving the front of each row the right amount of papers.

I took one and started explaining it to the jumpy, smiling kids. I feel like when all of your friends have an inside joke and you just sit there like what?

These kids know something and I need to find out. They kept asking about Lennon. That's odd.

"Ms.Brooklyn?" I saw a girl's hand in the front row shoot up.

"Yea, Lilly?" I asked looking at her and running my hands down my 3/4 sleeve royal blue shirt and black skirt that flared out a bit and ended a few inches over my knee. She waved me over.

I bent over her desk and moved my hair to one side and looked down at her. She pointed to number 7 on the work sheet.

"1939-1945. This war lasted exactly six years and one day." I read to myself and looked at Lilly.

"See, let me give you a hint." I pondered for a second and then she broke into a huge smile. "This is the second in this set of wars." I said and looked around the class and their smiles were also huge.

Okay, what the hell?

It even feels different in here. Like someone who isn't usually in here is here.

"Ya know I didn't think you'd be bending over for me already River. I just got back."

I straightened my back and smiled. "I thought I told you Lee, a brook and a river are two different things."

"Whatever you say. Are you gonna turn around yet or stand there smiling like an idiot?" He asked.

"Who said I was smiling?" I challenged even though I was.

"I can feel that beautiful smile within a mile radius." he said.

"My god Lee, you're such a suck up." I turned and looked at my boyfriend. He was in his camo outfit and was smiling wide.

"Aw you love it. Now would be the time to confess your love for me because you haven't given me any love since I got here River." he wiggled his eyebrows.

"I forgot how much of a dork you are." I took a step closer.

"You also forgot how hot I am. I mean anyone normal would've jumped me already." he waved his hand down his body.

"Oh I'm about to jump you." I said and felt the happy tears in my eyes.

"Then do it already." he out stretched his arms.

"I will." I jumped in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist with my head nuzzled in his neck. My tears were falling on his skin and he wrapped his arms around me and put his own head in my neck.

"I missed you so damn much." I whispered against his skin.

"No one could've missed me more than I missed you Brooklyn. It hurt without you." he said shaking his head.

"I love you Lennon." I pulled back from his neck.

"I missed hearing you say that." he wiped the tears from my face. "I love you too River."

I curled my fingers in his hair and rested my forehead on his.

"Just kiss me you dumbass." I whispered.

"Don't have to tell me twice." he said and leaned in and our lips connected and moved in sync. I missed his kisses that left me hungry for more and drove me crazy.

I pulled away before he could deepen the kiss and scare away the kids in the class. "Let's keep it PG." I whispered.

"Okay River." he chuckled and I moved back to his neck where I could smell his scent and kissed his shoulder.

I looked up from his shoulder and to the wall. "Turn around Lee." I whispered.

He turned and I could see everyone with a smile and I rested my head side ways on his shoulder and smiled back.

"You little devils. You did this?" I asked.

They nodded. So that's what was up.

"You mind if I get the day off today?" I asked Ms.Collins who wiggled her eyebrows between us and nodded.

"Put me down for a second." I said and he released me and I turned him around and jumped on his back and he saluted to the kids before leading the way out of the door.

"Bye! And thanks!" I said as we got to the door.

I heard a chorus of bye's before Lennon opened the door and closed it. He set me down and pushed me against the door and wrapped his arms around my waist and mine around his neck before he kissed me.

His lips left me wanting more so when he licked my bottom lip I immediately opened my mouth. Our tongues danced before we pulled away for breath, and he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Damn I missed you River." he whispered.

"I missed you too Lee."