09

"Where did you go?" he worriedly asked the kid.

I just stood there meters away from them, just watching them. I'm so confused.. pero ano naman kung mag-ama nga sila? Congratulations? Damn.. i didn't expect this to happen.

I sighed about my own thoughts. I turned around, was about to just go home kahit hindi pa ako tapos mamalengke. When the kid spoke, "I bumped into her.. but I already said I'm sorry." Her soft voice is like a melody in my ear.

I really love kids, since now and then. Siguro dahil wala akong nakasamang ibang bata kahit noong maliit pa ako kaya sabik ako sa mga bata ngayon. I also go to some home shelter to visit some kids. I love their smiles when they sees me coming.. they love my gifts for them also. It's so heart-warming for me to see that they're enjoying.

"Sy?" nangangati na akong umuwi pero ang bastos naman kung hindi ko siya papansinin 'di ba?

So I turned around again to face them and gave them a smile. "Hi?"

"I'm sorry for what happened.."

"What? No," I chuckled. "It's fine. I'm also worried if the kid is fine?"

They walked closer to me, she held the kid's shoulder to catch his steps. "Yeah.. she is. You?" ano bang tinutukoy niya? 'yung pagbungo ba? Or yung araw ko? Joke, baka lang gusto niya tanungin kung kamusta araw ko. I almost laughed about my stupid thoughts.

"I'm fine, hindi naman yata masyadong malakas 'yung pagbangga." I nodded a bit.

I looked down at the kid who's just watching us talking. I waved my hand at her and smiled widely, trying to be friendly as much as I could.

"Hello po.." she's shy. She even held Kylo's t-shirt's hem.

I move closer to her and bent down to reach her height. "What's your name, baby?"

Lumiwanag ang mukha niya pagkabanggit ko no'n, hindi na siya mukhang nahihiya. "I'm Klayre po! I am six years old." She genuinely answered, smiling so wide. Halos nawawala na 'yung mata niya dahil sa malawak niyang ngiti na ikinatuwa ko rin talaga.

"You got a nice name, huh. You're so pretty." I admired her, and touched her chin softly using my index finger.

She giggled and said, "And so you are po! And I think I saw you na po," she looked up trying to remember where she saw me. I was a bit shock, saan niya ako nakita? "Hmm.. ah!" she figured it out. "Sa laptop ni Kuya! I saw your Instagra-" Kylo suddenly covered her mouth to spill more. "Hm!" reklamo pa nu'ng bata.

Ni hindi ko na nga rin pinansin ang pagtawag ni Klayre na "kuya" kay Kylo. Turns out they're siblings.

I got worried so I slapped Kylo's arm, with my creased brows. "Baka hindi siya maka-hinga."

He blinked twice, maybe shocked that I just slapped his arm. He immediately removed his huge hand on Klayre's mouth. The kid was grumpy after that kaya mas nag alala pa ako.

"See?" I whispered to Kylo.

"Don't mind her, Sy. Nag-jo-joke lang siya." He awkwardly chuckled. I looked at him with grimaced face. Confused. Anong sinasabi nito?

"She's my sister, joker siya paminsan. Hayaan mo na." He chuckled.

Crazy. I ignored him and just looked at Klayre again and bent my knees a bit, ipinatong ko pa ang palad ko sa magkabilang tuhod para bumalanse. "I'll go ahead now, Klayre. Take care, okay? And be careful next time."

"Noted po, Ate." She smiled again, not grumpy anymore.

"Good girl." I patted the top of her head and stand up.