one

"I don't need a party", Tate huffed for the fifth time in the last twenty four hours. There was a loud bang as the ball Charley had been throwing and catching, missed his hands and bounced off Tate's desk. There was a screech from Callum as it shot past his face and across the room. Peter barely look up from his science homework as his hand shot out and snatched the ball from mid-air. For a second, the group of boys all stared. The ones who knew about spidey stuff; Tate, Ned and Callum, barely reacted. Jason, Abe and Charley all blinked. 

"Dude", Jason threw his hand over the mattress where he and Peter were sprawled surrounded by books. "Great catch". Peter flicked the ball over to Tate, who caught it in both hands, and slapped his palm. 

"As I was saying", Tate continued from where he was sitting crosslegged on the rug of his bedroom with Ned and Abe. A lego set for a red dragon was half assembled between them. A matching black dragon sitting complete on a shelf above them. "I don't need a party for my birthday. They're overrated". 

Callum caught the blue bouncy ball as Tate tossed it across the room. He was sitting on Tate's desk, eyeing the room with a judging gaze. It had been roughly two years since the fight with vulture and Tate's seventeenth birthday was coming up. During that time, the Stark tower had been sold and Tate's family had moved to a penthouse closer to midtown for his last year of school. It was only going to be temporary as after school Tate would beheading to college and Tony and Pepper would be moving to their lakeside house in the countryside, away from the city. But for now, it would be home and he still hadn't fully decorated his room, which is why Callum was judging the space. Half of the room, one desk pushed into the corner away from the floor to ceiling windows and near the door, was a big computer. Four monitors rested on the wall and under the desk were built in hard drives. While the other half held his bed and usual belongings. One wall was half filled shelves of books, boards and boxes of wheels to screw on, and lego. The second desk was mostly covered in school work. 

"But you've never had a birthday party before!" Callum complained. "Not even a kid one with stupid clowns and silly party games. You have to let us throw you one proper kids party before you reach adulthood".

"Why?" Tate asked in confusion. He turned round as the door opened and MJ strolled in. She was chewing from a packet of cheese balls, cheeks bulging. 

"These are mine. You losers can use your feet and get your own", She stated as she flopped over Jason's back. The tanned boy let out an Oof at the sudden weight but only adjusted her and kept reading his homework. MJ dropped a cheese ball onto the book and Jason popped it into his mouth. 

"Thanks babe". 

Callum rolled his eyes. "Stop being disgusting you two". 

"Says the boy with his feet in his boyfriend's lap", Ned pointed out. 

"Stop making us third wheel", Abe huffed at them all then he frowned. "Seven wheel? Eight wheel?"

"Yeah Yeah", Tate rolled his eyes at the old argument. (It was a conversation they had all had before but Abe seemed unable to keep a girlfriend longer than a month and Ned had yet to show any interest in dating). "But as I was saying, why is it so important for me to have a party?" 

"Parties are overrated", MJ spoke up. "Its all drunk teenagers guiding sloppily and breaking your house". 

"We're talking about kids parties", Charley corrected. "The king at a diner where the waiters bring you a cake and everyone sings while wearing various party hats. The ones with those silly party games, like piñata. Tate has never had one". 

"Or been to one", Peter voiced. Callum's face became comedic with shock. Tate scowled at his boyfriend in betrayal. Peter just widened his amber brown eyes and blinked cutely as he blew the hair from his face. (How could he be mad at that?)