Welcome to the club

Jane was running as fast as she could. She was trying to escape the present, escape reality. It was a rainy, windy, cold December night and she was alone in this isolated street of New York City.

She couldn't stop thinking about that one text she just received and tears were running down her face. She was trying to understand. Why is she so alone? Why does everybody let her down? Why can't she be happy? She stopped running and tried to catch her breath but she couldn't. She didn't feel safe and started panicking. Something was wrong but she didn't know what. It's not the first time she was running alone at 3am. She did it multiple times before and it always went well. She decided to start running again and put some music to cheer her up. As Kurt Cobain was singing in her ears, the streetlights started to go out. One by one. She decided to go back to her apartment. Something was happening, something frightening. Hail began to fall and Jane was running as fast as she can. She was getting closer to her apartment, she will be there in 5 minutes.

Suddenly, Amy Winehouse appeared. She was walking next to Jane. She first thought it was hallucination but it wasn't. The famous singer was here and she was looking at Jane. Her feet weren't touching the ground and she looked like she was floating. Jane took out her ear buds and heard music coming from the streetlamps. It was Back to Black. Her heart was pounding really fast and her legs started shaking. She was scared, frightened, terrified. She couldn't run anymore. As she was trying to catch her breath the music changed and Amy Winehouse disappeared. It wasn't Back to black anymore but Cry Baby, By Janis Joplin.

Jane tried to call her best friend but, all of a sudden, her phone died. She was hopeless. She wasn't even crying anymore. She accepted that she will never see the sun again. Then, the song changed. It was now Jimi Hendrix. At least it was good music. She decided to sit on the street because her legs were too shaky and she was exhausted. She closed her eyes and tried to calm down. When she opened them again she was circled by Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and some other people she couldn't remember the name. They were all repeating the same word, again and again. "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." "Welcome." Jane was confused, panicked and couldn't stop thinking about her life and past mistakes. As she started to understand, it was the end.

She was 27 years old.

She was a famous actress.

It was her turn.