Her Smile

Meryl's smile is what first drew his attention to her. Her luscious, pink tinted lips, curved upward in some form of happiness. Pierce never believed in love at first sight, until he saw Meryl smile at him for the first time. It was like sunshine in it's purest form, the way she smiled at him.

The second time he was graced with Meryl's smile was when he asked her out on a date to the movies and dinner. It was a shy smile as she happily accepted his request. It made his stomach flutter with nervous excitement. That first date night led to six months of dating before Pierce proposed to her on spring break their senior year of attending film school.

When Pierce proposed to Meryl, they were laying on the beach, watching the stars and looking for the various constellations. With the ring in one hand, he slipped it onto her ring finger. He told Meryl that she was his guiding star and asked her to spend the rest of their lives together. The way she smiled, was of pure joy and love. That was the night she gave herself to him.

As they danced at their wedding reception, Meryl smiled dreamily as she gazed into her new husband's eyes. Pierce thought that her smile was one of the most beautiful things about his wife. The way she smiled, gave him a feeling of happiness and anticipation of what was to happen in their future.

Two years after their wedding night, Meryl spent twenty-seven hours in labor before giving birth to their baby girl, Layla Rae Brosnan. She gave him an exhausted smile as she fed their daughter. The way she smiled made him feel content and happy with the gift they were given.

Over the remaining years of their lives, there were many smiles. After each of their five kids were born, their birthdays and anniversaries occurred, their grandchildren were born, or for no reason at all.

The way Meryl smiles, fills him with love and makes his heart happy.