ೃ⁀➷ xxxii. platform

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

there was a silence as the four of them walked to the platform—a silent understanding. as they watched people passing by, mothers fussing over their sons and fathers lecturing their daughters, it was all the same as it was seven years ago. yet so different as well.

when mr and mrs greengrass left the four friends alone, they finally felt as though they weren't being suffocated anymore. ophelia was about to open her mouth when she felt an arm around her shoulder. she thought it was regulus, at first, but became confused when she realized he was in front of her.

"did you really think we'd miss you first-last day, lia?" the voice spoke and she instantly turned around and smiled at the group of five gryffindors that graduated last year. they had invited her to their graduation ceremony but ophelia was far too busy being trying to cope with the fact that she was a death eater now to attend.

"prongs!" ophelia said as she wrapped her arms around a grinning james potter.

not a second into their hug, she hears a grunt. "i'm the one that proposed we go see you but nooo, just keep hugging prongs, lia."

lily potter (née evans) smacked the back of sirius' head and turned to ophelia with a 'hug him as long as you want' look. the slytherin laughed before throwing her arms around lily.

after hugging everyone but sirius, it was ophelia's turn to let out a grunt as she hesitantly hugged sirius black. when she wrapped her arms him, however, she didn't expect him to hold unto her a bit longer than the others.

when they broke apart, there was an awkward silence amongst ophelia's slytherin and gryffindor friends—ophelia being no help with filling the silence as well.

it was until she took a subtle glance at regulus does james let out a dramatic gasp. he starts pointing at the two of them and poking lily's shoulder. his wife rolls her eyes before saying, "i'm going to regret this but, what are you doing, james?"

"they slept together!"

thus, the chaos began.

"what!?"

"what the fuck!?"

"how do you know that?"

"are you serious, james?"

"no, you're sirius."

"oh, shut up, james!"

ophelia let out a deep breath before glaring at james. "how'd you know?"

"you have that after-sex-glow shit," james says as he waves his hand in the air and ophelia actually looks like he is about to murder him.

evan and venus, who also didn't know, were grilling regulus down in one side and ophelia awkwardly tried not to meet sirius' gaze in the other.

it's not that he has any say as to who she sleeps with, of course not. it's just awkward, standing there in a platform you first stood in when you were ten—dropping off the brother of the boy you lost your virginity to. who was once the love of your life.

"sooo, regulus?" sirius whispers, awkwardly.

ophelia slightly glances at regulus and notices that he can't hear them. evan and venus were loud enough to drown them out. "uh, yeah. this summer."

"sirius and remus slept together, too," james blurted out and remus immediately hit james in the back of his head while ophelia stared at the lupin boy.

"merlin, james, you're just on a roll today, aren't you?" sirius says, trying to sound casual about it. trying being the keyword.

an awkward cough comes from ophelia, "hey, you're adults and we've broken up—who we sleep with is not something to be awkward about."

"the most mature sentence this entire morning!" lily says, rolling her eyes. "who is your head boy and girl this year?" this time, ophelia does smile. she smiles widely as she points between her and regulus, repeatedly raising her eyebrows for effect.

before any comments can be made, the train whistled causing the four slytherins to look between themselves. evan, venus and regulus awkwardly nodded at the group of five before making their way towards the train.

"when's the wedding?" james asked, smiling.

"in a few weeks, actually," ophelia nodded. "my parent are sending the invitations today, actually. i think james' family is invited but i'm not sure. though, i'd really love it if you guys came."

lily nodded as she wrapped her arms around ophelia. "of course. i'll only go into a room filled with people who want me dead for you." it was meant to be a joke, but the 'dark' overpowered the 'humor' for that one. she noticed the frowns on everyone's faces and sighed. "it's okay."

"no, it's not okay, lils," ophelia sighs. "we're just having a civil wedding with a small reception at the end. art and i'll be in a tent where people give us gifts and blessings, or whatnot. you guys can come then!"

"yeah, i like that option," james nodded as he protectively placed his arm around his wife, glaring at the-passing-by carrow siblings. the two of them glared at lily then glanced slightly at ophelia.

not that ophelia cares anymore; others knowing she's associated with those they've branded enemies.

"well, i'll see you guys then! bye!" ophelia said as she ran towards the train.

it was only when she sat down that she realized peter pettigrew did not look her in the eye the entire time he was there. he didn't even speak.

she knew he wasn't the loudest one of the group, but still, he was so quiet.

the slytherins and gryffindors having 'peace' just for pan is so <3

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

sooo i have an idea for a spinoff for this book whoop whoop
i cant talk much about it because of sTUFf but yeah!!

also i was wondering, do YOU think i'll be canon-compliant?