2

YOU DON'T WANTME AROUND

YOU DON'T WANT
ME AROUND

Josephine tries her best to avoid seeing Awsten all together

Josephine tries her best to avoid seeing Awsten all together. It proves difficult when he's waiting at the front steps leading up to the school. So, Josephine walks towards the gym entrance instead. Then, he's standing at her locker, looking around like a lost puppy. Her heart aches to be with him.

When she notices his defeated expression, she immediately gravitates towards him. She wants to just leave and not say a thing to him, but Josephine just needs him.

"Awsten," she says softly, tapping his shoulder to pull him out of his trance.

"Joey," he smiles, reaching out to hug her. She accepts it, burrying her head in the crook of his neck. "I was worried."

She lets out a sigh as she pulls away, suddenly aware of the people in the hallway surrounding them. "We, uh, we need to talk."

Awsten's expression turns for the worse. "Uh, yeah, okay. After school?"

"No, right now."

"Oh."

They're silent after that. Awsten looks like he's being crushed. The bell rings but neither of them move, feet glued to the floor.

"You don't want me around, yeah?" he asks quietly.

"Aws-"

"No, just stop. I know you and I know that's why you avoided my calls and texts and me. I should've fucking known that Josephine Hale was too far out of my league, huh?" he scoffs, rubbing his eyes.

Her eyes widen as her stomach ties itself into knots.

"I like you I just can't... be with you.

"What does that mean, Josephine?" he asks as he messes with the hair tie on his wrist.

She can't tell him. He won't believe her. No one ever believes her.

"It means I gotta get to class, and so do you." Tell him, she thinks to herself.

"Is there nothing I can do?"

No.

Josephine frowns, gaze dropping to his lips. Awsten watches carefully as they once again gravitate towards each other. Before their lips could meet, however, Josephine glaces around to see if anyone's watching. Awsten pulls away and runs his hand through his hair.

"Awsten, wait I-"

"I'm sorry," Awsten mumbles. "I wish I..." His voice trails off and so does he, feet carrying him right out of the building as Josephine stares at him longingly.

She adjusts her posture and pulls her hair over her shoulder.

Perfect.

But it's not perfect. The whole world feels blurry, and she's crying so hard that her eyeliner and mascara are running. Josephine quickly runs to the familiar library bathroom. She locks herself in there and slides to the floor in distress.

Her heart is pounding so hard she can feel it in her whole body. It's sporadic like the thoughts in her brain and the pain in her scalp from how hard she's tugging her hair.

She wishes Awsten was on the other side of that door. He'd open it and wrap his arms around her to protect her from everything. He'd whisper about his day while his thumb rubs circles on her skin. God, she wishes he was here. She craves the warmth of his voice more than anything.

That broken look on his face when he walked away from her absolutely demolished any sense of reality she had left. Josephine caused that look. She made him cry. She broke his heart.

Of course she did though. She's Josephine fucking Hale. She's untouchable. She's perfect just like she's supposed to be.

So she cleans herself up and puts on the best fucking smile she could possibly present. No boy is going to prevent her from being perfect. Even if he himself is the one that's perfect.

 Even if he himself is the one that's perfect

》♡《

hi its ur least favorite author due to horrible upload schedules <3333

enjoy this chapter if u so please bc idk when im going to write again lol