Healing Remedies

11:28 pm ; Wednesday

"Toby?!" Eliza yelled out, walking in on her boyfriend and some chick in his bed.
"Eliza- i-it's not what it looks li-" he starts to stammer before she stops him, throwing chocolates in his face along with a cake.

It was his birthday, Eliza wanted to surprise him by coming back from a movie shoot in Ireland a little earlier than he'd expected, she was working on a movie called Truth Hurts, a bit ironic.

She walks out of Toby's house, leaving the door wide open, tears streaming down her face, ruining her makeup.

She got in her car and slammed the door closed, pulling out her phone and scrolling through her contacts until matthew<3 showed up.  She called the number, hoping he was still awake since it was 11:30 pm. The phone rung and rung and rung until-

"Hello? Liz?"  Matthew's drowsy voice said over the phone.

She let out a little sniffle

"Matthew? Can i come over? I really need someone right now." She said with a shaky breath, trying to keep anymore tears from coming out.

"Of Course, but what's wrong?" His voice rang, now in a alert tone

"Toby cheated on me." She said with a stern voice.

The phone went silent for two seconds, and tears broke, falling down her cheeks, her sobbing and crying filled Matthew's end of the phone.

"I'm going to kill Toby Maguire. I swear." Matthew says over the phone, making her feel a bit better.

Matthew never really liked Toby and Toby never really liked Matthew, they acted like 11 year old boys fighting in the playground, Elizabeth never really knew why, but she forced them to at least TRY to be friends.

She quickly arrives at Matthew's home and knocks on the door, she's greeted with Matthew immediately. He closes the door, letting her in and he hugs her tight, so tight she almost couldn't breathe. She lets out a quiet sob with her head buried in Matthew's chest.

"Sh sh it's gonna be ok Liz, don't cry, he doesn't deserve you." Matthew's soothing, calm-ish voice said, running his fingers through Elizabeth's hair in the hug.

The night went on like this, they both watched movies, talked about Criminal Minds (the show they work on.) , ordered take-out (Thai food, Elizabeth's favourite, which Matthew knew.), and talked a bit more. Then they had some wine, to y'know, wash down the feelings.

"You're cutee" Elizabeth's drunken voice said, with one hand holding a wine glass and the other touching Matthew's face gently.

Matthew smiled but took the wine glass out of Elizabeth's hand and placing it on his coffee table, "Liz, you're drunk," he stated helping Elizabeth maintain balance.

"Yeahhh, I don't wanna go home though.." she said a bit glumly. "Ok, you can stay over tonight, i'll take the couch." he said gently at Liz, while walking to the couch. She grabs his arm, making him turn his head at her, "Please," she said, " I hate being alone, you know that." she ended, looking into Matthew's eyes. He gave a nod to her back, and they walked to the bedroom, Matthew gave Liz one of his shirts that was more of a dress on her. They both got in bed, backs turned to each other.

---
11:51 am ; Thursday

Elizabeth woke up with a sudden urge to throw up, she went to get up quickly and noticed Matthew's hands were wrapped around her waist, she smiled quickly but then it fainted into a gagging face. She ran to the bathroom, lifting up the toilet seat and puking.

Matthew noticed she was gone from bed and heard throwing up coming from the bathroom, he ran to the bathroom, seeing Liz throwing up, he held her hair up and rubbed her back.

"Do you need some water?"

"What I need is Ibuprofen, my god, how much wine did you let me drink?" she asks, placing a hand on her head in pain. Matthew chuckles, and grabs some Ibuprofen from his kitchen cabinet and gives two pills to Liz, her taking them without hesitation.

"Do you need anything else, Liz?"

"No, i'm ok."

"Ok..we'll i'm gonna be in the kitchen making food, yell for me if you need anything."

His eyes are so beautiful looking at hers, she nods at him and watches him leave the room.

"You're cuteee."

Those words flooded her mind, did she actually mean it?

748 words