chapter two

"Who the hell is your fiance?" Irtaza asked Maaz with rage-filled eyes as he threw a punch on his nose, knocking him back a little.

An infuriated Maaz stood straight and punched Irtaza back with just as much energy, "how dare you?" He seethed. And both of them continued throwing punches violently.

Sumayya gulped realising both these men were fighting over her. How did she end up in this two rupees fairy tale story?

Seeing how they were not stopping the fight, she decided to step in.

"Irtaza! Stop punching him." Sumayya's eyes widened as she came in between them but got punched on her jaws instead. A yelp escaped her lips as she winced in pain. Both the men stopped throwing punches and eyed her with shock and surprise.

"Are you crazy, Sumayya? Who comes in between fights like that?" Irtaza dragged her little figure with ease and made her sit on the sofa. Her eyes were stuck on his worried face with utter disbelief. The worry laced in his eyes for her was not something she is very much familiar with.

Was he really worried about her?

Sumayya Mirza. Her of all people?

"Sumi, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Maaz came forward to touch her face but Irtaza glared at him and he knew better than to make another move. She glanced between the two of them, they were both in pain and yet her pain was the most they were concerned with.

"Is it hurting?" She flinched when Irtaza merely touched her jaw. He backed off with the same worry-filled eyes. It was filled with anger a moment ago, but as soon as he eyed her it turned soft and warm. She couldn't believe the sight in front of her.

Was he really Irtaza Riaz?

The same cousin who wouldn't stop annoying her.

"Sumayya Mirza. You drive me insane." Irtaza muttered with a shake of his head as he glanced at her bewildered face. He sat across her on his knees whilst trying to examine her. She couldn't believe he actually cared about her. It was so new to her.

"Sumi! I'm sorry really. I didn't think you'd come between us like that," Maaz began again, which snapped her out of the daze. For a while, she was almost lost in that dreamy hazel brown eyes. The one which she has sworn to hate but she wasn't sure about that anymore.

"Why is he calling you, Sumi? Who gave him that right?" Irtaza seethed in anger as he touched her jawline again. She didn't flinch this time. Her eyes lingered on his face while he was burning with rage. She felt goosebumps all over her hands as he remained in the same position. His hands stayed still on her jaw. She was enjoying this care way too much for her liking.

What's up with his enmity with Maaz anyway?

"I'm asking you something. Why is he calling you Sumi?" Irtaza asked again. She glanced at him and then at Maaz, who looked irritated by what she assumed was due to her closeness with some other guy.

"Get off her. You're suffocating her." Maaz said again.

Irtaza looked like he was going to pounce on him but that didn't seem to affect Maaz. Sumayya didn't want another high school drama to happen again.

"Maaz, sir. I mean. Maaz. I'm fine, really." He visibly relaxed at her words.

"But answer me something. When did I become your fiance?" She couldn't believe her ears indeed. It was as much shock for her as it was for Irtaza.

How can he just decide that she's his fiance without even asking her?
She officially didn't like Maaz Khan anymore.

"I thought you liked me. The last time we spoke, I asked you to marry me. And you said you need time. Was two months enough space for you?" Maaz's words stopped in the middle as another hard punch was landed on his face.

Forever And Everजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें