prologue

*March 2017; NJPW locker rooms*

"The bet is off White." Kenny Omega hisses as he plops down a wad of cash in front of the New Zealander who was eating his dinner.

"Why? Does The Cleaner already have feelings for little Adeline?" Jay smirks, wiping his mouth with a tissue. "I don't blame you mate, she's innocent on the streets but a little freaky on the sheets." He chuckled smugly when Kenny lifted him up by the leather jacket.

"Don't talk about her like that you asshole!" Kenny spat as Jay just laughed

"You just gave me the answer to that question." He winked "What will you do if she finds out that you're only with her just because of a little bet we have huh? She'll leave you on the spot, Adam Cole will kick your arse for hurting his little sister and everyone in the Bullet Club will hate you because they love her like a little sister." He adds cockily, smirking when he sees the familiar petite brunette standing there and heard everything that he had said.

Kenny knew that Jay was right, but he was willing to do anything to keep his friends and his little princess...

"If you fucking say a word to Adeline or anyone of the boys, I will end you and your-"

"He doesn't have to tell me anything Kenny." Adeline said with a straight face when in reality, her heart was shattered by the man who she loved. "Was the money worth it?" She smiled innocently, pointing to the wad of cash that was on the table.

"Princess I-" the Canadian tried to approach his girlfriend but was met by a hard and harsh slap to the face

"I loved you! I trusted you!" She spat with each slap to the face he gets. "I gave you my heart and you smashed it into pieces!" She cried

"I ended the bet Sel! That doesn't matter anymore! I've fallen in love with you!" He tries to explain.

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?! You fell for me during this fucking bet and yet you knew from my brother that I have loved you since the day we met!" At this point, Adeline was sobbing as her mascara ran down her cheeks "Fuck you and your damn bet Tyson." she spat with so much hate before walking out the locker room, bumping into a hard chest as she went to look for her older brother who was around the arena with Matt and Nick.

"Out of the way, asshole." Adeline bumps the person intentionally, wiping her tears harshly

"I don't think that's nice little one." a deep and familiar American accent spoke as he held her hand before she could walk away, it was August "The Hammer" Walker, one of Kenny's rivals in New Japan Pro Wrestling

"I don't have time for your bullshit Walker, go bother someone else." She hissed, pulljng away from his grip but failing "Let me go, I'm going to see my brother!" She huffs in annoyance

August saw the hurt and heartbreak in Adeline's eyes, wanting nothing more than to take her pain away and kick Kenny's ass for whatever he did to her.

"I don't think your brother will like seeing you with rundown mascara on your cheeks." The older man stated, handing her his handkerchief.

"Why do you care so much? Don't you hate the Bullet Club?" She scoffed, reluctantly taking the handkerchief and wiped her tears with it

"I don't. I dislike The Young Bucks and I hate Kenny but I think Tama and Tonga are pretty great, along with your big brother." He shrugged, chuckling "I'll see you around Adeline." He says before walking towards the catering area

"You wish, Walker." Adeline scoffed and went to the ladies room to clean up first before finding Adam.

Little did she know, the wish would come true...