Lia calls | Part 1

" Get up, Ulca. It's already half past six", said Ulca's mum.
" Mum, I slept late", said Ulca with low spirits.
" Am not going to leave you to school, if you'd be late, walk instead", said Ulca's mum.
Ulca got up finally. After tidying herself up and having breakfast she was about to leave when she remembered that she had not bought the project material, she was supposed to. The group leader would have got furious over her. She decided to head to shop first. She did so but missed her bus.
With so many charts in her hand she had to walk her way to school. She didn't think that it would start raining all of a sudden and she ran upto a shed to prevent being drowned. With not a soul around she had no help and had to wait till the rain would stop.
As she waited there, she happened to see a student walking with an umbrella towards the same way as she had to. It was her school's uniform. She cried for help but the person didn't seem to listen. It was already seven by now and the rain would not stop. She then found another girl from her class walking past her, she tried stopping her and luckily she listened.
"Lia, could you please share the umbrella", asked Ulca.
Lia nodded in affirmation. On their way, Lia was not talkative as usual.
" Is something wrong?", Ulca asked her breaking the silence.
She nodded in affirmation and said, "How crazy would it be for you to find a dead body of someone on your way to school?", she asked.
"What? Did you see one?", Ulca exclaimed.
"No, it was just a plot for my story but can't find ideas to continue. It was a rainy day, while walking alone Suzy in an abandoned neighbourhood found herself below an old bridge which she always had to cross by pinching her nose as it had turned to be a dumping site but was yet the shortcut to her school. Soon her eyes fell upon a human like figure under the bridge resting over the wall. It turned out to be the corpse of a girl in the same school dress as hers. It was wet due to the rain water which reached the legs of the dead. She hesitated to near the body but her legs moved involuntarily. On finding that it was her bestie Mika, her hands began shivering and umbrella fell from her hands. Her whole body began went frozen and upon losing strength in her legs she fell down with a pale face. It wasn't long when she recalled that Mika once told her of being teased by a boy in her neighbourhood and the crowbar near by complicated the death much", Lia told her idea.
"Nice plot, where's the problem?", Ulca asked.
" Suzy is very young. Would she keep quiet and try forgetting the incident or report it to the police?", she asked.
"Ofcourse, she'd report it", Ulca said.
" No, the twist is that Suzy once tried convincing Mika to neglect the boy as she happened to find it out later that it was her cousin", Lia revealed.
" Okay, also Mika must have told it only to Suzy being her bestie and there were very little chances of Mika's death being caused by that event particularly. Isn't it?", Ulca asked.
" Yup, but she also didn't want to acknowledge the possibility of her cousin being the murderer and her giving the wrong advice. Afterall, she would have to answer alot of people if she were to reveal." she added.
"Did her cousin have a criminal background?", Ulca asked.
" Nope, that was also why she might have not believed it and tried saving her cousin", she said.
" Interesting, well, in anyways Suzy would be questioned being her bestie whensoever body would be found and that's her daily path to go from also it would be much of a trauma to hide it. Story lies in your hands. Try giving it a good end", Ulca said.
"Nope, it lies in your hands", said Lia.
Suddenly Ulca heard the honking of a vehicle behind. Ulca turned behind. It was her mum in the car.
" Get in the car", she cried amidst the heavy pouring.
"Come on, Lia let's get in the...", she said but realised there was no one beside her. It was just then that she felt the rain on her body. " Lia...Lia...where did she go? Did she leave already? No, she was right here ", Ulca wondered.
" What's so good about being drowned? Get in at once", shouted Ulca's mum.
Ulca got in the car. " Mum I wasn't alone right?", Ulca asked her mum upon getting in.
" You must have gone crazy. Why didn't you just wait somewhere? And what path is this? It certainly doesn't lead to your school. Don't tell me that you were to bunk the classes today", her mum roars.
" Oh! I didn't realise, I was busy talking to Lia. Even she didn't notice, why? Where does this way lead to?", you ask.
" I don't know. And where's Lia? Did you just leave the poor girl out in the rain? She could have come in the car", Ulca's mum suggested.
"No, strangely enough she shared her umbrella with me and was right beside me till I heard the horn and then she disappeared as if into the thin air", Ulca told.
" Stop reading novels there was no one beside you. Teenage surely keeps one from reality. It was so hard to find you. We're already running late. Lemme take a turn", Ulca's mum said and drove as Ulca remained silent all through the way wondering about all that happened.

To be continued...