Lia Calls | Part 2

Ulca's mum dropped her at the school and rain had subsided till then.
"Mum, if it rains again during the dispersal then please come to pick me up", Ulca requested.
" Why? Use the bus instead", said Ulca's mum.
" No, it won't leave me at my doorstep. I'll get drowned upon while running from bus stop to home", Ulca told.
" Okay, I'll see. Bye", her mum said.
" Bye", Ulca said .
As she entered her class she didn't find it to be as cheerful as usual, people were only whispering something to each other as if something was spreading like forestfire. On other days there was a great commotion before the teacher would enter. Ulca was late so she had already missed the morning assembly. She walked upto her bestie and sat beside her. It were her own thoughts which kept her from guessing about her surroundings. The class seemed as if it were casted a spell by shadows but Ulca did not bother much. Her room teacher came and was as dull as always. He began teaching in his monotonous tone and as the class got over he said, " If anyone gets any information about the thing, please inform me."
It was now that Ulca asked her bestie, " What's the matter? What information?"
"Oh! You seemed to have missed the morning assembly today. It's about a missing case from our class", her bestie said.
"What! Who's missing?", Ulca asked.
" Lia, the one who was a backbencher and almost had no existence in the class. We never talked to her nor talked about her. She was one with big eyes and round face. The one who'd bring...." she described.
"Ofcourse, I know who is Lia. Why explain like that? But when?", Ulca asked.
"Oh! You knew her but you never told me . I didn't. I got to know her just today as the other girl explained. It happened as she went off her house to reach the school on Friday but didn't reach school. Then it's Monday today and there's no clue of her yet.", her bestie told her.
" Are you kidding me?" Ulca said loudly and then the whole class turned to look at her.
" Relax... don't be loud", her bestie said.
" I mean, I saw her just today. She shared her umbrella with me on our way to school", Ulca told.
" On your way to school? Then where is she, if she was heading towards school? Look", she said.
Lia wasn't there.
" No way, did she get misled? Oh! It was when my mum came to pick me up in the middle that I realised that we took the wrong path while talking. She must have gone somewhere else mistakenly", Ulca said.
" Then what about the other days? Did she took the wrong path everyday? Were you really hallucinating? It's been spreading that she's already dead. Stop lying", her bestie reasoned.
" Wait. How can you say that she's dead if she's missing? Does that make sense? Moreover, I saw her just today and she shared her story plot on our way as we walked in rain", Ulca said.
" There's something really off with your head today. Why are you repeating things? It didn't rain today. It rained on Friday and you told that you were dropped to school by your mother. It was then that you told that you shared an umbrella with someone from our school, who told you a story plot. You surely didn't know the person then but now you're saying that it was Lia. Are you really sane?" Ulca's bestie grew furious.
" What are saying? Why are you making things up? On Friday, it didn't.....", Ulca was saying when she suddenly realised that it actually rained on Friday and she could remember that her mother came to pick her up after school as it rained again. She also realised that all that she thought to have happened that day had already taken place but something was still missing- her memories of Saturday, Sunday and the morning of the running day. Also why did her memories came back all of a sudden?
" I think, I have gone crazy", Ulca told her bestie.
To which her bestie replied, " Yup. Now you realised."
" Then what happened with me on Saturday and Sunday?", Ulca asked.
" How am I supposed to know that? It was a weekend. Have you lost your memory as well?", asked her bestie.
"Yup, I think, I am getting old. Help me. ", Ulca said in a joking tone.
" Oh, my poor friend is hallucinating and forgetting things", her bestie said jokingly.
The bell rang and the break was over. It was now turn for  their Maths class. Though they both somehow subsided the thought jokingly but they kept thinking about it the whole day.
It was at the dispersal time that Ulca's bestie told her," I still can't get over the things. We need to discuss. Come over my place today after school."
"Okay. I need to figure it out as well. So, meet you at 4 o'clock", Ulca said and just when they were about to leave, it suddenly began raining. They both looked at each other with eyes wide opened. As they took shed under the schools hallway. Ulca got called by a teacher saying that her mother was there to pick her up. Ulca was really confused as she could have gone home by bus but why did her mum came yo pick her up? She asked her bestie to come as well.
Her mum recieved them both.
"Oh, Meer is also here. Nice to meet you, dear", Ulca's mum addressed her bestie.
" Mum, why did you come to pick me up today?", Ulca asked her mum.
" You asked me to do so if it would rain again today, dear", her mum replied.
" Oh, sorry I forget", Ulca said. She was even more confused and looked at Meer with big eyes. Meer could not get the gesture but wondered why did Ulca's mum said 'again'.

To be continued....