14. Escape

Pierce's jaguar form fell to the ground with a sickening thud. 

Catlia screeched to her guards, "What are you waiting for?! Kill them both!"

Time seemed to slow as adrenaline pumped through Rieka. Her angelic speed allowing her to see the guards aiming their guns which were surely loaded with magic bullets to gravely injure any supernatural so they could finish them off easily after pumping them full of gunshot. 

Outnumbered, Rieka knew her best bet was to save Pierce and get to the safety of her pack as soon as possible. This new information was more important that killing Catlia where she stood. 

In a flash, Rieka's eyes turned lightning white as her and Rayna became completely in sync. Her giant black wings erupted from her back and with a strong flap, she twisted around in a circle with her wings outspread.  The razor sharp blue edges of her wings slicing the guns of the closest guards in half. Catlia tried to recoil away, but Rieka's wing tip caught her across the stomach causing a deep gash which oozed purplish black blood. 

The gust of wind from Rieka's wing spin pushed everyone backwards a few feet, giving her a chance to stand over Pierce's bleeding body while they recovered and staggered to regain their footing.  

Rayna pushed forward into control of Rieka's human form and spoke with all the weight of her alpha aura, "KNEEL!"

A tsunami of power radiated out of Rieka forcing all in the room to drop to their knees with their heads bowed in submission.

With wings outspread, Rieka slung her bags over her body and gently scooped up Pierce's body.  She looked around at the creatures kneeling before her and spoke with a voice that shook the foundations of the building, "You will NOT follow us or you will forfeit your life. All of you think carefully if you choose to continue to serve this monster. Stay with her, and her fate will be yours." 

With a push of her wings, Rieka used her angelic speed to escape from Club Crimson.  Her wolf ears picking up the angry scream emanating from Catlia in her throne room. 

"Alpha! Are you okay?" Charlie mind linked her.  "Charlie! Yes, I'm fine. I need you to trail us unseen. I want to make sure that we aren't followed and if we are, I need you to keep them away from us." Rieka ordered through the mind link. 

"It will be done my alpha." Charlie cut the link, but Rieka could sense him following behind.

Rieka used her powerful wings to flap high above the buildings and used her angelic power to bend the light around her making her invisible to anyone watching. She couldn't risk being seen by everyone in Santa Cruz. 

Rieka mind linked Georgia's address to Charlie and told him to meet her there when he was sure they were not being followed.  

After only a few minutes of flight, Rieka recognized the neighborhood that Georgia lived in.  She spotted Georgia's car out front of her building and landed in Georgia's small fenced in back yard.  Pierce's heartbeat was getting weaker and he had lost a lot of blood. 

Rieka laid Pierce's blood soaked jaguar down on the ground, "GEORGIA! BACK HERE! QUICKLY!" 

Georgia poked her head out of her back door, but when she saw Rieka covered in blood, wings outspread, with a ten foot long black panther at her feet, she rushed over, "Oh my god! What happened?" 

"That succubus bitch happened. We need to heal him. He saved my life." Rieka said seriously. 

"Can you get him inside to my attic?" 

Rieka nodded, "Meet you there." With a gust of wind, Rieka and the panther disappeared. Georgia ran into the house and up the stairs to her attic.  

The attic was filled with various shelves with ingredients, trinkets, books, grimoires, and anything else a witch could need. A large wooden table was in the middle of the room underneath a candlelit chandelier.  On the table was laid the large ebony panther and blood was starting to pool beneath his body. Rieka stood over him worriedly trying to press her hands into his wounds to slow the bleeding.