cold.

My eyes flutter open. The brightness of the world around me makes my eyes ache, my throat kills and my wrist is numb at this point. The bedroom door opens and i see Fez enter with a half filled glass of orange juice.

"How you feelin'?"

"I-"

I try to speak but my voice is quiet and raspy. It hurts like hell.

Fez smiles in sympathy and ruffles my hair like i'm a kid again, reminding me of simpler times. I take the orange juice and chug it down, letting the coolness soothe my throat. I have no energy to get out of bed and face this shitty world all over again.

However last nights events made me realise how much Fez does love me, and gives me some sort of motivation to get clean, knowing he just wants the best for me, and getting clean truly is whats best for me.

Fez sits down next to me, snapping me back to reality.

"You wanna come help me run the shop today? Ashtrays at home puking his guts out, must of caught sum."

I nod and smile, getting out of the house isn't what i really want to do, but i'm going to have to do it at some point, and its best to face this world with fez by my side.

I get dressed into some denim shorts and a white hoodie, my hair has gone really frizzy so i put it back into a bun, trying my hardest to look nice. I wash my face to refresh my self and put some mascara on.

We get into his car and drive up to the shop, although it is only a 10 second drive, he knows i just don't have the energy to walk.

We get out and open up the shop together. I sit on the counter as he opens the cash register, its a Sunday, and he doesn't really get many customers on a Sunday, I'm really hoping its not a busy day.

"its a nice day today" I say, trying to start a conversation, but my voice is so dry and raspy, it just ends up sounding depressing.

"beautiful, just like you" Fez says chuckling, its not often you get a comment like that from fez, so it makes me genuinely smile.

He wraps his arms around my waist and starts to kiss my neck, cheering me up. He smells like aftershave and weed, oddly comforting to me now. He moves from my neck to mouth, i wrap my legs around his back and enjoy the affection, he strokes my hair as he kisses me, securely holding the back of my head, and fiddling with my hoodie strings with the other hand.

"you want anything to drink he asks?"

"Red bull" I whisper, trying not to hurt my throat.

He runs to the freezer and chucks me a red bull, I open the can as he turns the sign to "open"

Just as my day was getting better, Jules walks up to the shop and comes in.

"Yo wassup Jewel" Fez says.

She laughs and starts a conversation as she notices me. She smiles and looks at the floor, obviously not knowing what to say.

"I think Rue wants to see you" She says, moving her head to look at me.

I smile and nod at her, contemplating going over and seeing her. I realise its probably best to now, as i know Jules wont be there.

I jump down from the counter and kiss Fez, letting him know i'm going to see Rue.

As i walk in the direction of her house i prepare myself for this conversation.