backstory

This is an AU where the squid games don't exist.

Ji Yeong and Sae Byeok met by bonding over their trauma in an abandoned spa where they come to get away from all the troubles in their life. They kept on coming back to the spa at the same time everyday just to talk and comfort each other with the other's presence. They had both been flying solo for their whole life and it felt nice to have their first real friend. Soon, they started devolping feelings for each other as they both enjoy the other one's company and want to stick together. They got enough money from their part time jobs to buy a small flat in the harsh city. Even though times were tough, having each other made them have hope for the future.

When they had their first encounter, Sae Byeok was walking up the stairs to the dank and dark spot she would always sit at.

She saw a figure in that same spot and exclaimed, "Who's there? Show yourself!"

Ji Yeong greeted the surprised woman. "Yo. I didn't know this place still had customers."

Sae Byeok walked up to the other woman. "No, I have no business here."

Ji Yeong raised an eyebrow. "Then why are you here?"

She responded, "That's none of your business either."

Ji Yeong giggled. "You're funny. I like you! I found this place a few days ago and thought it would be a quiet place to chill after work."

Sae Byeok looked at her strangely. "But why would you hang out in such a depressing place? Why wouldn't you go to somewhere more fun for people our age."

Ji Yeong burst into laughter. "It sounds like you're concerned for me, or do you just want this place all to yourself?"

Sae Byeok blushed. She plopped herself next to the strange girl that she may have just become friends with.

Ji Yeong eyed her. "Don't you think we're a little too close in this spot?"

Sae Byeok responded, "Well, I had this spot first, so unless you move I'm staying here."

"Oh, that's right," the other girl said. "I haven't got your name yet."

Sae Byeok responded, "Sae Byeok."

Ji Yeong smiled delightfully. "Aren't you gonna ask for my name now, silly?"

Sae Byeok smirked. "I have no business to know that."

Ji Yeong smiled wider. "Then I'll tell you. Ji Yeong. Nice to meet you, Sae Byeok. I have a feeling we're gonna be good friends."

Sae Byeok walked into the small bedroom. She slumped on the bed with her girlfriend after Ji Yeong had come back from her job at the local burger joint. "Hey, Sae Byeok. A guy gave me a $10 tip today, I can put that in the savings jar."

"You don't have to," Sae Byeok prompted. "We need that money for food."

Ji Yeong gave her a smile, "Don't you mean you'll just give all the food to me and save nothing for yourself? C'mon, I want to see your brother as much as you do." The savings jar was to get Sae Byeok's brother out of the orphanage and for his clothing. Ji Yeong plopped the money in the jar and pressed her nose against Sae Byeok's with a satisfied smirk.

"You silly goose." said Sae Byeok. She pinned Ji Yeong to the beds and buried her face in her neck. Ji Yeong giggled from all the cuddles her girlfriend was giving her. Sae Byeok gave her a loving kiss on the lips. It was so soft and tender. Ji yeong returned it with her ruby red lips that had a faint flavor of burger grease.

Edit: I gotta go to sleep lol I'll update tomorrow bye 😘 💕