25. Still

AIRI

"Act in love." Simon spoke as he held the camera towards us.

Pinanlakaihan ko siya ng mata. 'tong lalakeng 'to. Porke sinabi ko na wala pang nagsasabi ng 'I love you' sa amin ni Sandro ginaganyan kami.

Sandroo laughed nonchalantly beside me. "Sure."

He put his arms around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I blinked. I was not expecting that.

Sandro smiled at me and kissed my forehead then my nose.

"Congratulations Cinnamon. We made it together." He muttered looking at me particularly my eyes with our face an inch closer.

I couldn't help but to giggle. "Thank you Sandwo," I chirped. "Here's to the next step of our adulthood." I replied and kissed him lightly on the lips.

"I said act in love not PDA!" Simon shouted.

"Just take the picture Si!" Sandro shouted back.

I laughed. Oh what a year it has been.

--

Attorney Liza treated me for dinner. We celebrated Sandro's graduation yesterday and now we are celebrating mine too. I told her not to bother but she insisted, telling me I deserve it and that she has already made reservations.

Kung iyakin siguro ako umiyak na ako nung sinabi niya sa akin but I am not a cry baby so I just thanked her and promised her paparamihin namin ang lahi ng mga Marcos. Kahit humingi siya ng sampung anak okay lang sa akin. Kidding. I'm not a pig.

She took us in Savoy Grill, one of Gordon Ramsays restaurant here in London. I d not know how to describe how happy I am with her gesture. I mean, how can they hate the family when they are so kind and down to earth.

I gave Sandro a smile when he sliced my beef Wellington for me.

"Here's to new chapters," Atty. Liza spoke, holding a glass of red wine. I smiled and raised mine. She looked at me and Sandro. "I wish you all the best on the next journey you will take. Sandro, you know very well that we'll always support you in whatever you plan to do." Atty. Liza looked at me gently and smiled genuinely. "Airi. We have met in the most unusual way but I am glad that you are with my boring son, giving his life a bit of a spice as he tells me. I hope you'll stick together through thick and thin as he has told me of your ten-year goal together."

Sandro's hands found mine and held it tight.

"Bakit mo sinabi." Bulong ko sa kanya.

He snickered. "Relationship goals." He whispered back.

"Anyway, if there's anything you need or you want someone t talk to kapag sawa ka na sa mukha ni Sandro, I'm just a call away." She continued.

I smiled at her. "Thank you." I mouthed.

"Cheers?"

We all clicked our glasses together. Sandro turned to me and smiled. "To our future, Cinnamon." He said.

I blew a sigh and smiled. "To our future it is."

And I wondered what's ahead of us though.

SANDRO

"I applied for graduation." Simon spoke beside me by the sidewalk where we were standing at.

I looked at him. "Good for you. Have you told the parents?" I asked.

Simon shook his head. "You're the first one in the family to know." He replied.

"Aww Simon." I teased.