☂ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

TW: gore

𝙼𝙾𝚂𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚆 

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

The molly's heart pounded as she heard the screeches of battle. ThunderClan cats were pouring into her camp, swamping out the survivors from the last wave of warriors. A tom limped in, who she recognized to be her mentor, Juniperleap. "Mosspaw," he gasped, a large wound on his throat clearly making it hard to talk. "Fetch me some cobwebs."

"No!" The calico bristled. "You need to rest."

"Fetch me some cobwebs." Juniperleap narrowed his eyes. "I am doing just fine. We must serve our Clan before ourselves." Mosspaw sighed and ran over to the herb stores, fetching a herb poultice. She returned and began applying it to her mentor's wounds, but the blood almost instantly soiled it. Mosspaw looked up, expecting her mentor to look down at her in disappointment, but his eyes were glassy. The tom slumped over, dead.

Mosspaw gasped as the blood running like a rivulet from her mentor's neck began to make contact with her paws. Other warriors were strewn around her den, dead or dying. Why did ThunderClan do this?! She thought desperately. Before her father--Fallowstar--had left to meet the other leaders, he had instructed her to hide if any danger came across. She peered out of the den anxiously, pulling Juniperleap's body away from view. If a ThunderClan warrior noticed that the medicine cat was dead and the den was undefended, things would get complicated and very deadly, even more than they already were.

Unfortunately for Mosspaw, before she could entirely pull away from her mentor's corpse, a large gray ThunderClan tom noticed the apprentice. He kicked away the cat he was fighting and began making a beeline for her. Mosspaw was frozen like a squirrel about to be pounced on, but a flash of ginger leaped on him from behind, making him trip over his paws and roll towards the den, the ginger apprentice clinging onto his pelt. They completely flattened the side of the medicine den. "Owlpaw," Mosspaw's words hardly made it to her sister's ears as she gaped in shock. The tom was overpowering her sister, and there was nothing Mosspaw could do.

Hide, a part of her said.

Mosspaw agreed with the idea, looking around desperately before quickly diving into a pile of fresh moss. She couldn't bear to watch. The molly forcefully slowed her breathing and tried to stay still, but a small whimper escaped her throat. She heard thrashing, knowing that the majority of the herbs had probably been destroyed. There was a loud thump of a head hitting the ground and a frustrated grunt from the ThunderClan warrior. Claws tearing into flesh. A choking gasp, and then the sound of another body dully hitting the floor.

Mosspaw stayed put for a few moments, trying to control her ragged breathing. What if she emerged from her hiding place and the warrior was still there?

What if her sister hadn't made it?

The medicine apprentice molly trembled, before slowly sliding out of the moss.

She would've never expected what she saw.

Owlpaw's ginger-and-white fur that she always groomed so perfectly was wild and dotted in crimson. The molly was rolled away from Mosspaw's view, but she could see a pool of scarlet from where she was standing. So much red was on her pelt that she hardly resembled Owlpaw at all. As for the ThunderClan tom, he had a shocked look in his eyes, as though his last thought was a surprised one. Mosspaw came to the conclusion that he was surprised about the tear in his throat. For a few moments, she was calm.

And then the situation came and slapped her in the face again. Her sister, was dead. Her parents, were dead. ShadowClan, dying or dead. What about the other Clans? Was she the last survivor of Barkstar's treachery? Where would she go? "Owlpaw," she crouched beside her sister's cold body. "Please send me guidance from StarClan. Please!"